Cranberry, also known as cranberry is a cure-all against urinary tract infections. Let’s discover all the benefits of this miraculous fruit for our healthThe main property of cranberry is to prevent the appearance of lower urinary tract infections that cause pain and discomfort when urinating. These infections occur when the presence of some microorganisms present in the urinary tract exceeds the normal threshold for our body.
The properties of cranberry, the American cranberry
- Protects eyesight, the fruit is rich in anthocyanins and regular consumption of cranberry juice diluted in abundant natural mineral water can be used as a preventive treatment against vision loss.
- Tone the capillaries. They are valid allies to keep the circulatory system healthy. Taking cranberry juice regularly , always diluted in mineral water, is useful in case of capillary fragility.
- Also useful as a preventive treatment against bone disorders, such as osteoporosis , due to its presence of calcium.
- Its fruits possess effective antioxidant properties, which perform an anti-aging action.
- Cranberry juice is also useful for lowering the “bad” cholesterol level.
- Promote diuresis and purification of the organism.
- They protect the kidneys, due to the presence of tannins and anthocyanosides, and also the urinary tract.
- The cranberry also protects the intestinal flora .
- They help with cystitis, counteracting relapses.
- Useful for rebalancing the bacterial flora, it prevents disorders such as diarrhea and mycosis.
- Reduce inflammation.
Recipe how to prepare a smoothie:
Pour into the mixer glass
- 1 tablespoon of cranberry
- Half sliced banana
- Half yellow apple (clean)
- Half a glass of cranberry juice
Mix everything for a few minutes, if you want a little more liquid, add natural mineral water.
Our super smoothie is ready, rich in vitamins, good and healthy, suitable for a snack during the day.
Cranberry juice must always be diluted.
Ideal with apple juice, without sugar:
- 1 tablespoon of cranberry juice
- 1 glass of organic apple juice
- 2 leaves of fresh mint
Its consumption is recommended. To drink away from meals.
Cranberry or American cranberries
It can be grown in pots on our balcony or in our gardens or vegetable gardens.
Where can we buy it?
The American cranberry is found on the market, is sold in supermarkets or organic stores, we find it fresh, or frozen or dried.
How to use cranberry in the kitchen
Its fruits are generally transformed into jellies and jams, They can be used for the preparation of delicious muffins, or cooked with apples or cakes. Or you can prepare delicious sauces, which are ideal as condiments for our dishes.
How to consume cranberry in the kitchen
From the food point of view, the cranberry can be used in the kitchen in different ways: for the preparation of jams, smoothies, jellies, muffins, biscuits or fresh fruits, they can be enjoyed with cereals in the morning or to prepare meat dishes white (chicken, turkey or pork). Dried cranberries can instead be an excellent snack to break hunger. Other ways we can take cranberry is in the form of 100% pure drinking juice or as supplements or dry extract.