Corn health benefits
Health and wellness
Natural juices, made with fruits, vegetables or other foods are great to help those who want to reduce the measures and also include more natural things in their meals.
The best known are the orange, lemon, pineapple juices with mint, cabbage, strawberry … Those more traditional flavors. Still, there are other juices that are full of health benefits and that can be included in your diet. Among them is corn juice .
Photo: © Can Stock Photo
Do you know all the benefits that this juice can bring you? Check it out below and confirm that drinking corn juice will help your body in several things:
How corn juice is made
As the name says, the juice is made from the juice extracted from corn. In Brazil it is still a novelty that is gradually gaining new followers, but in China and other countries it is very popular.
It can be consumed both hot and cold, but perhaps its hot version resembles tea more than juice.
Yellowish in color, corn juice has a number of benefits for the organism as a whole, even being known as the “beauty juice”.
Read also : Health benefits of carrot juice
7 benefits of corn juice:
Now that you have discovered how corn juice is made, if you have never tried this novelty you are likely to be curious about its benefits. Check them out below:
- Rich source of vitamins
Vitamins are essential for the proper functioning of the metabolism. And you can count on corn juice to make sure your body has the right amounts of Vitamin A, C and B complex.
- Protects the body against heart disease
Those who have family tendencies to suffer from heart disease can also count on corn juice to prevent this.
It contains lutein, a substance that protects the heart by preventing heart attacks, clogging the arteries, strokes and increasing the thickness of the carotid artery.
- Protects the eyes against macular degeneration
Macular degeneration is an eye disease that arises with age. It has no cure.
By taking corn juice you prevent this degeneration, which is usually a natural process after old age. That’s because this juice helps to slow aging and improves eye health.
- Is antioxidant
Antioxidants are substances capable of blocking the harmful effects of excessive and inadequate production of free radicals.
Therefore, any antioxidant food helps prevent degenerative diseases such as Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s and arteriosclerosis. In addition, it fights diabetes.
Corn juice, through its antioxidant substances, also helps to prevent premature aging.
- Rich in folic acid, phosphorus and magnesium
It is not just vitamins that contribute to making corn juice super healthy and beneficial to your health.
The presence of folic acid, phosphorus and magnesium is also essential for metabolism to function properly.
Also, if you are going to be a mom, it is interesting to keep one that contains folic acid.
- Reduces cholesterol
Problems with high cholesterol? How about including a natural method to help keep cholesterol levels in check?
Corn juice can be your ally in this case, as it helps to reduce cholesterol and consequently prevent heart disease.
- Contributes to bone health
Did you know that corn juice prevents osteoporosis and ensures stronger and healthier bones?
It can even be consumed even by children – and by the future mother during pregnancy – as it allows healthy growth of teeth and bones in the little ones.
Corn Juice Recipes
Interested in corn juice? How about learning some recipes on how to prepare this delicious drink?
Photo: © Can Stock Photo
Corn juice – Recipe suggestion 1
- 6 ears of corn
• 2 liters of coconut water
• 3 ½ of water
• ½ cup of brown sugar
If you want you can choose the sweetener to taste instead of brown sugar.
– Grate the ears of corn or cut the grains using a knife. Beat the beans together with 1 liter of coconut water and half a liter of water. You can use the blender to beat the ingredients.
– Sift and place in a pan or a milk jug. If you are going to add sugar, add it to the mixture and then put it on fire.
– Stir the mixture until it acquires a thick consistency. Wait to cool and beat again with the remaining 1 liter of coconut water and 3 liters of water.
– Put it in the fridge or add some ice cubes and then just drink it.
Corn Juice – Recipe Suggestion 2
- 5 ears of corn
• 1 cup of sugar
• 2 cups of milk
• ½ cup of condensed milk
• ½ cup of cream
• 2 cups of milk
• 1 pinch of salt
– Grate the ears of corn and beat the grains together with the two cups of milk and the sugar.
– Then take it to the fire as if you were going to make a cural. Let cool and then whisk the mixture with the two chilled glasses of milk, the cream and the condensed milk. Also add the pinch of salt.
– Then, after hitting the blender, just serve the juice, which should have a creamy texture.
– Those on a diet can exchange normal sugar for brown sugar or sweetener.