Coffee Parfait. It is an iced dessert invented in 1894 . The word parfait is of French origin and means perfect, perhaps whoever invented it discovered that the combination of its ingredients were exact and hence its name. It consists of an iced dessert that is made with two or more ingredients and is flavored with chocolate , coffee , liqueurs, etc. Its preparation is creamy and with an intense flavor, provided by the main ingredient that gives it its flavor , in this case coffee. Creaminess is given by the integration of a high fat content such as milk cream(or cream). Precisely this contribution, being abundant, does not allow the ice cream to crystallize, leaving it with the texture of a cream. In North America, the parfait is prepared with a combination of fruits and ice creams and they are used to serving them in long glasses, forming layers of fruit and cream that are easily distinguished.
[ hide ]
- 1 Servings
- 2 Ingredients
- 3 Preparation
- 4 Source
- Servings: 6
- 1 cupof sugar (200 grams ).
- 6 yolks.
- 1 well- filled cup of coffee.
- 1 glassof rum .
- 1 and ½ cup of [cream of milk(cream).
- Beat the yolks with 2 tablespoons of sugaruntil the preparation is creamy.
- Besides, put the rest of the sugar in a small saucepan.
- Cover just with water.
- To take to the fireand to boil until point thread.
- Pour over the yolks in the form of a thread while the yolks continue to beat.
- Once all the syrup isincorporated, continue beating a little more adding the coffee and rum .
- Remove from the mixerand beat the milk cream until it thickens.
- Add the whipped cream to the previous preparation and mix.
- Pour the preparation into individual ice creammolds .
- Take it to the freezer until it is firm.
- To remove the mold, the mold is quickly passed through hot water.
- Serve and decorate to taste with chocolatechips and chocolate