Ciegoplast. High-density polyethylene (HDPE) pipe factory . The products are made with modern technology equipment, which enables high quality. Located on the central highway at the 458 km west end in the Ciego de Ávila municipality .
[ hide ]
- 1 The plant
- 1 Technology
- 2 Products
- 1 Use and market
- 2 Advantages of polyethylene pipes
- 3 Sources
The plant consists of two lines with diameters from 90 to 355 millimeters (mm) one and 400 to 900 (mm) the other, which have a total processing capacity of 800 kilograms of polyethylene per hour.
The assembly of an extrusion technology by molds makes it possible to obtain attachments that couple at their two ends to the same number of tubes (flange holders) and parts to minimize or increase the flow rate of a conductor (linear reduced).
- Pipes mm: (90, 110, 160, 200, 250, 315, 355, 400, 500, 630, 800, 900)
- Connections: (tee, yee, elbows, spreaders and special pieces)
- Joints: Joints are joined by thermofusion, a relatively fast and simple process that does not require additional materials.
Utilization and market
Polyethylene pipes enjoy wide acceptance in the national and international market. They can be used in underground, outdoor and underwater conductors.
- Natural gasconductors .
- Compressed airconductors .
- Application in mining plants.
- Irrigation in agriculture.
- Protection of electrical and telephone cables.
Advantages of polyethylene pipes
- Easy installation.
- Does not require maintenance.
- Great resistance to corrosive agents and fluids [[chemicals.
- Low scale effect.
- Excellent weldability.
- Great resistance to impact.
- They have great resistance and stability to ultraviolet radiation