Chicken Sandwich . This recipe is super delicious full of flavor and color that combines the creaminess of the cheese and the avocado with the sweet and spicy jam made with fresh tomatoes and tabasco.
- 4 seed buns
- 4 chicken fillets
- 2 small avocados
- Tabasco sauce or other hot sauce
- 1/2 tub of cream cheese (spread)
- 2 medium red tomatoes (not too hard)
- some lettuce leaves (the type you prefer)
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- salt and black pepper
- a splash of olive oil to make the chicken fillets
- The first thing is to prepare the tomato jam. It is not like a normal tomato jam that takes more time to prepare, since this version is fresher and faster to prepare. Peel the tomatoes and remove the seeds (see here how to peel and remove the seeds from the tomatoes). Then chop the tomato very finely and put it in a saucepan with the brown sugar. Leave over medium-high heat until it begins to boil and then leave it for 3 minutes thus ensuring that the tomato does not stick to the saucepan.
- Now remove the saucepan from the heat and add a splash of TABASCO and mix well. Let cool for 10 minutes. Transfer the jam to a strainer so that the excess liquid is released.
- Prepare the chicken fillets on a griddle or frying pan with a drizzle of olive oil. Add to each fillet a little salt and ground black pepper to taste. When the fillets are golden remove them from the fire and reserve.
- Peel the avocados and cut them into slices.
- We are assembling our sandwich. Take the seed buns and cut them in half. Spread one of the halves (the bottom one) with the cream cheese. Then put some lettuce leaves on top, a chicken fillet, some avocado slices (half an avocado per sandwich) and a little of our tomato marmalade with TABASCO.
- Put the other half of the bread on top and ready, you already have your sandwich prepared. If you add some fries to the side then the cover becomes lunch