Blackberry jam . Delicious and healthy dessert , to give a different flavor to breakfast.
[ hide ]
- 1 Story
- 2 Benefits of blackberry
- 3 Ingredients
- 4 Instructions
- 5 Sources
This jam has a long history in the culinary world. The Greeks were already making a kind of jam made from quince jelly cooked with honey. From there there are hundreds of variants of this delicious fruit-based preparation.
- Prevents and helps alleviate the symptoms of the flu, coughand constipation, as it effectively clears the airways.
- Fortifies and helps cleanse the blood.
- Improves the elasticity and appearance of the skin.
- It is auxiliary in the treatment of gingivitis.
- It is rich in anthocyanins, pigments with antioxidant properties that improve visionand protect against attacks by free radicals.
- Reduces inflammation and heartburn.
- Provides copper, essential for the proper functioning of the immune and nervous system.
- Contains manganese, a mineralnecessary for blood clotting.
- It is ideal for the diet, since a cup contains only 62calories.
- It has a diuretic effect, hydrates and refreshes.
- It is rich in vitamin C, which favors the absorption of ironand folic acid .
- Your dose of pectinhelps lower cholesteroland control your blood glucose level .
- Several of its components contribute to preventing Alzheimer’s.
This is one of the jams that is prepared the fastest, since it acquires consistency very quickly.
– 600 g of blackberry .
– 300 g of sugar .
– 1 lemon .
- Place the blackberriesin a bowl of water. Add a few drops of disinfectant for 5 minutes. Drain well.
- Then we wash a lemonand cut it in half. We squeeze half a lemon and keep the other part in the fridge.
- Now in a saucepan add the 600g of washed blackberries, the squeezed lemon juice / juice and 300g of white or brown sugar . We put the mixture to cook over low heat for about 30 minutes until the jam acquires consistency. While the mixture is cooking we must be stirring from time to time to avoid sticking to the bottom.
- Once 30 minutes have passed, when the mixture has thickened, we can pass the mixer or pass it through a masher to eliminate any lumps or lumps that have remained. I prefer not to crush the jam because I like to find pieces of blackberry, it is a matter of taste.
- Finally we boil a glassjar in a large potand pour the jam inside while it is still hot. We must fill as much as possible (without exceeding the thread limit). Now we close it well and turn it upside down. The next morning, we can turn it around.
- Now you can store this delicious homemade jam in a cool, dry and dark place, it can be kept for about 6months in the pantry without problems. Once opened, it is advisable to keep the jar of jam in the refrigerator so that it keeps well.