The essential oil of birch is obtained from Betula alba , a plant from the Betulaceae family . Known for its many properties, it performs a draining action for the body and invigorating lymphatic and circulatory systems.It is said;
The most delicate, beautiful and kind loves flourish under the birch.”
Properties and benefits of birch essential oil
It has a rubefacient action , i.e. it draws blood towards the surface layers of the skin, lightening the inflammation of the deeper layers, therefore it has an anti-inflammatory effect and for this reason it is used in cases of arthritis, arthrosis, rheumatism, sciatica, etc. It has draining and diuretic properties , therefore it promotes the elimination of excess fluids by preventing and fighting venous problems and circulatory disorders primary causes of heavy legs, swelling, edema and lymphatic stagnations that cause cellulite and obesity.If used with shampoo, it revitalizes oily hair and eliminates dandruff. It is an excellent remedy for the skin in the case of eczema and psoriasis and in the case of oily and impure skin. This essential oil is also used for the preparation of personal hygiene products such as soaps, shampoos, aftershaves, etc.
Practical applications of birch essential oil
– Environmental diffusion : put 1 drop of essential oil for each square meter of the environment in a diffuser. It is mainly used to purify the air.
– Anti- cellulite : in case of water retention and cellulite, dilute 10 drops of birch essential oil , 5 of rosemary and 5 of lemon in 100 ml of sweet almond oil and rub the legs with a sufficient amount going from the bottom to the top for 10 minutes, once a day.
– Skin ointment : put 5 drops of birch essential oil , 5 of lavender and 6 of chamomile in 50 ml of shea butter . Massage this mixture locally in case of eczema and dermatitis.
– Shampoo : add a few drops of essential oil in a neutral shampoo to revitalize the hair.
Benefits for the skin with birch essential oil
Choose the natural well-being for your skin and discover the draining and toning effect of birch essential oil
Natural wellness, here’s how
The birch is one of the most popular plants in the foothills Europe and Canada. There are several varieties, but the most common is presented with a thick green crown and a white trunk up to 25 meters high, easily recognizable compared to other plants.Birch essential oil is obtained from the Betula Alba species and is a rather rare and little known oil. although very useful in cosmetics. The parts that are distilled to obtain it are bark , branches and leaves .
It is a very rich oil owned:
- combats water retention and skin imperfections by stimulating lymphatic circulation
- cleanses the body by promoting the elimination of toxins and stimulates the activity of the adrenal glands
- eliminates uric acid from the body helping in case of high blood pressure, cramps, cystitis, stress and urinary stones
- repairs the tissues in case of acne, psoriasis, dry and scaly dermatitis and has a toning effect on the face
- eliminates dandruff and itching of the scalp
Contraindications of birch essential oil
Birch essential oil does not present toxicity problems but should not be used in case of edema due to heart or kidney failure. Its use is not recommended when taking diuretic drugs, antiplatelet agents and anticoagulants.