Sweet potato is sweet and delicious as well as very nutritious. It contains high amount of nutrients. It is very beneficial for our health. Sweet potato contains plenty of fiber, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. Sweet potatoes are a good source of important minerals such as iron, calcium, magnesium, manganese and potassium. Sweet potato protects our body from many dangerous diseases.
Benefits of sweet potato
- Sweet potato contains a very good amount of vitamins, minerals and proteins which provide a lot of energy to the body and helps in weight gain.
- B complex vitamins found in sweet potato, vitamin C, beta carotene, potassium and calcium are very helpful in treating stomach ulcers.
- Beta carotene and vitamin C present in sweet potato helps in the treatment of many types of cancer such as colon cancer, bowel cancer, prostate cancer, lung cancer and oral cancer.
- Sweet potato has more fiber as compared to potato, which relieves constipation and increases digestibility.
- Sweet potato has anti-inflammatory properties. Beta carotene, vitamin C and magnesium present in sweet potato help a lot in reducing internal and external inflammation and reducing ulcer pain.
- Vitamin B6 is found in abundance in sweet potato which helps in reducing the risk of heart attack. It contains high amounts of potassium which plays an important role in lowering blood pressure.
- Beta carotene, magnesium, zinc and vitamin B complex present in sweet potato help in the treatment of arthritis. Applying boiled sweet potato on the joint pain provides relief.
- Sweet potatoes are a good source of magnesium which helps to keep the arteries, blood, bone, heart, muscles and nervous system healthy.
- Vitamin C and B complex vitamins present in sweet potato, iron and phosphorus help in strengthening the immune system.
- Sweet potato is helpful in the treatment of eye disease, skin related diseases, asthma, thyroid and diabetes.