Guava is not only delicious to eat but also very beneficial for our health. Many nutritious ingredients are found in guava. Guava has four times more vitamin C than oranges. Guava is a good source of minerals like magnesium, copper, iron, phosphorus and manganese. Guava is used in the treatment of constipation, cough, cold, skin care, high blood pressure, weight loss, diarrhea, dysentery, cancer and eye disease.
Benefits of eating guava –
- Guava is a good source of fiber that helps in lowering blood sugar levels. Guava intake is beneficial for patients with diabetes.
- The potassium present in guava helps in reducing high blood pressure, lowering cholesterol levels and keeping the heart rate under control.
- Guava contains vitamin C and antioxidants such as lycopene which help prevent the growth of cancer cells and reduce the chances of getting cancer. Guava is mainly helpful in reducing the risk of prostate cancer, breast cancer and oral cancer.
- Guava is a good source of protein, vitamins, minerals and fiber which helps in losing weight.
- Guava is a good source of copper which is helpful in the treatment of thyroid.
- Guava is rich in Vitamin A which helps in cataract, macular degeneration and other eye problems.
- Guava is rich in fiber which helps in relieving constipation.
- Guava contains vitamin B3 (niacin) and vitamin B6 which helps in increasing blood flow, improving blood circulation in the brain and relaxing the nerves.
- Guava contains folic acid or vitamin B-9. Eating guava of pregnant women helps in the development of the baby’s nervous system and protects the newborn from neurological diseases.
- Guava is rich in vitamin C and iron which is used as a medicine against cough, cold, cold and viral infection.