Radish is used as food and also as medicine. Radish is used to make salads, vegetables, parathas and pickles. Radish is rich in nutrients, vitamins, minerals, fiber and antioxidants. Radish is a good source of minerals like iron, magnesium, copper, zinc and calcium. Radish can help fight diseases like loss of appetite, fever, cold, cough, cancer, acidity, constipation, nausea, obesity, sore throat and diabetes.
Benefits of eating radish –
- Radish contains high amount of fiber which is good for digestive system and removes constipation and indigestion.
- Radishes are an excellent source of potassium that keeps blood pressure levels under control.
- Radish contains antioxidants that provide protection against many types of cancer such as colon cancer, colon cancer, prostate cancer, and oral cancer.
- Radish contains very few calories and more fiber which helps in losing weight.
- Radish is very good for liver and stomach. It helps in cleansing the blood in the body as well as eliminating toxins. People suffering from jaundice benefit greatly by eating radish.
- Radish has more fiber and a lower glycemic index that regulates blood sugar levels. Radish intake is good for diabetics.
- The vitamin C and anti-congestive properties present in radish are helpful in boosting the immune system, treating colds, coughs, colds, fever, infections, allergies, respiratory diseases and asthma.
- Radish has antipruritic properties that can be used as a treatment on insect bites and bee bites. Applying radish juice to the place of insect bite reduces pain and swelling.
- Vitamin C, phosphorus, zinc and vitamin B complex in radish are very good for skin health. Raw radish can be used as a face pack and face cleanser.
- Radish helps in curing the symptoms of piles and eliminates stomach worms.