Plum helps in the treatment of many diseases like osteoporosis, macular degeneration, cancer, diabetes, obesity, digestive problems. Plum has many nutrients, vitamins, fiber and minerals. Minerals like potassium, fluoride, phosphorus, magnesium, iron, calcium and zinc are found in it.
Benefits of plum –
- Fiber is found in plenty in plum. This reduces digestive problems and keeps the digestion process fine.
- Vitamin C present in the plum helps strengthen the body’s immune system. It promotes the body’s immunity against various types of infection and inflammation.
- The fiber present in the plum helps reduce bad cholesterol and increase the level of good cholesterol.
- Plum is a good source of vitamin A and beta-carotene, which helps to keep the eyes healthy and prevent age-related macular degeneration.
- Potassium present in plumule helps to maintain heart health. It helps reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke.
- It is also very beneficial for patients with diabetes.
- Plum is a good source of folic acid and calcium. Folate is very important for pregnant women and for fetal development.
- Plum contains antioxidants, which prevents many types of cancer.
- Fat is low in plum, due to which its body weight remains under control.
- It helps in relieving skin and hair related problems.