Gourd is very beneficial for our health. It contains about 96% water. The gourd contains many vitamins and minerals such as calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron, phosphorus, vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin C and folate. Gourd is used in the treatment of many diseases including high blood pressure, diabetes, weight loss, heart disease, skin infection, urinary infection and digestive problems.
Benefits of gourd –
- Gourd contains fewer calories and high fiber which helps in losing weight.
- The fiber and 96% water present in the gourd make the digestive system strong. It helps prevent constipation and other digestive disorders such as flatulence and hemorrhoids.
- Gourd juice is very beneficial for diabetic patients. Gourd helps in reducing blood sugar levels.
- Gourd helps to reduce inflammation in liver and kidneys.
- Drinking fresh gourd juice mixed with lemon juice helps in treating urinary tract infection. It can be used to treat burning sensation while urinating.
- Gourd juice is used in the treatment of acidity, indigestion and stomach ulcers.
- Drinking a cup of gourd juice mixed with a glass of water in an empty stomach in the morning helps reduce high blood pressure and cholesterol levels and makes the heart healthy.
- Drinking gourd juice mixed with a pinch of salt helps in treating diarrhea.
- Folate (folic acid) present in the gourd helps reduce the incidence of neural tube defects in newborns of pregnant women.
- Gourd helps in the treatment of jaundice disease.
- Drinking a glass of gourd juice during summer will not make you very thirsty and tired, and you will feel refreshed.
- Taking a glass of gourd juice in the morning prevents premature hair from turning white