Figs are very sweet and delicious to eat. Figs are rich in vitamins, antioxidants, minerals and fiber. Figs are also dried and used as dry fruits. Dried figs are high in energy, minerals and vitamins. Fig is used in the treatment of constipation, indigestion, hemorrhoids, diabetes, venereal diseases, cancer, cough and asthma.
Benefits of figs –
- Figs are a good source of fiber that makes the digestive system strong and prevents constipation.
- Figs contain pectin which is a soluble fiber. It helps in lowering cholesterol.
- Dried figs contain potassium, omega-3 and omega-6, which helps control heart rate and blood pressure.
- Figs are found in plenty of calcium which makes bones strong and helps reduce the risk of osteoporosis.
- Figs contain more potassium and less sodium which helps in reducing high blood pressure.
- Potassium is found in abundance in figs which helps in reducing insulin levels in diabetics.
- The fiber present in figs helps in reducing weight.
- The antioxidants and fiber present in fig provide protection against stomach cancer and breast cancer.
- Figs contain iron which reduces anemia.
- Fig works as an effective medicine for the treatment of hemorrhoids.
- Fig is used to treat sexual weakness. Put 2-3 dried figs in milk overnight and eating it in the morning helps to increase sexual abilities.
- Figs are very useful in treating various respiratory diseases like cough and asthma.
- Figs are a treasure trove of beneficial nutrients including vitamin A, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, calcium, iron, phosphorus, manganese, sodium, potassium, and chlorine.