Pollen is a miraculous derivative of bees such as propolis and royal jelly.Bee pollen is a very rich and balanced food from a nutritional point of view ; in fact it contains carbohydrates, proteins , free amino acids, essential lipids, fatty acids, phytosterols , fibers , vitamins , enzymes and mineral salts.
The beneficial effects of Bee pollen on health and nutritional content
Pollen is a complete food rich in vitamins (A, C, E), essential acids , rutin (protection of capillaries), magnesium, calcium, zinc, potassium. But not only is it also rich in accelerating growth enzymes, caroteniodes, macrominerals and trace elements. Because of all this there are various uses of pollen:
- It can be used to help people with anorexia regain their appetite and regain weight.
- As an energizing supplement for weakened people
- It fights premature aging
- To restore proper bowel function: (Helps with diarrhea and constipation)
- It is a possible remedy for sexual impotence
- Protects the body from microbiotic aggression
- In humans it fights prostate hypertrophy
- Improve memory by fighting mental fatigue
- Stimulates and strengthens the immune system
- Pollen is rich in starch and therefore important in reactivating and maintaining a healthy intestinal flora
- To counteract the effects of menopause.
10 reasons to take pollen
1. It is a nutritional dynamo , that is, a source of pure and immediately available energy.
2. It is an anti-aging product : it is rich in nucleic acids, essential for cell growth, repair and detoxification.
3. Improves the skin : pollen is used both for its rejuvenating effect and to treat skin problems such as acne and dehydration.
4. Helps to lose weight . Pollen reactivates lazy metabolism and at the same time suppresses appetite. In addition, the high content of Lecithin helps eliminate fat from the body.
5. Helps keep cholesterol under control thanks to the presence of phytosterols. Pollen lowers the so-called bad cholesterol, and raises the good one, decreasing the risk of stroke and heart disease.
6. Improves sports performance by allowing you to use energy more efficiently. Pollen increases strength, endurance, and recovery speed.
7. Being a stimulant, pollen also increases libido and sexual arousal .
8. Stimulates the brain , increasing concentration, mental clarity and memory up to 40%.
9. Strengthens the immune defenses , increasing the number of white blood cells, lymphocytes and gammaglobulins present in the blood. It also has antibiotic properties.
10. It is a support for anti-cancer therapies : it reduces the negative effects of radiation and chemotherapy, and increases the amount of immune cells, to better fight tumors.
Bee pollen can cause allergic reactions in predisposed people, through itching, redness, breathing problems, swelling of the tongue or vomiting. If you take bee pollen for the first time, the advice is therefore to start with a low dose (the tip of a teaspoon), to chew very well, also to facilitate digestion. There is also a small part of the pollen intolerant population that develops side effects especially in the intestine, resulting in poor digestion or diarrhea. In all these cases, bee pollen, like any other food not “accepted” by our body, should be eliminated from the diet. Finally, unless otherwise indicated by your doctor, bee pollen should be avoided in children, pregnant women and breastfeeding mothers.