Argentine Science and Technology Information System (SICYTAR). It is a computer system implemented by the Ministry of Science, Technology and Productive Innovation of Argentina to facilitate and unify access to information about scientists, technologists and their work. It works within the framework of the Undersecretariat for Institutional Evaluation under the Ministry of Scientific-Technological Articulation Secretariat.
[ hide ]
- 1 Historical Review
- 1 Creation of SICYTAR
- 2 Creation of the Ministry of Science and the CVar registry
- 2 Functions and objectives of SICYTAR:
- 1 Objectives
- 3 Unified and Normalized CVar Register
- 1 objective
- 2 People who make it up and benefit
- 4 Sources
It arose in 1998 on the initiative of a group of managers in science and technology of the Secretariat of University Policies (SPU), the National Council for Scientific and Technical Research (CONICET) and the then Secretariat of Science and Technology (SECYT), with the objective to organize a unified and standardized registry, with permanent and online updating, of Argentine scientific and technological personnel. Towards the end of 2002, the government’s management in Science and Technology (S&T) of SECYT decided to adopt the “Lattes Platform” developed by the National Council for Scientific and Technological Development (CNPQ) of Brazil within the framework of the constitution of the International Network of Information and Knowledge Sources for the Management of Science, Technology and Innovation (ScienTI Network).
Creation of SICYTAR
SICYTAR was created by Decree No. 443/04 and is founded on inter-institutional collaboration and specifically aimed at the creation of three important databases, through which you can consult:
- the curricular background of the Argentine scientific and technological personnel.
- existing R&D groups and projects in Argentina.
- the institutions that carry out scientific and technological activities in our country.
Creation of the Ministry of Science and the CVar registry
With the creation of the Ministry of Science, Technology and Productive Innovation of the Nation, at the end of 2007, the strategic importance of SICYTAR was ratified and it was decided to carry out a consultation process to validate the conceptual design with the main scientific-technological institutions of the country, to later develop a computer application according to the agreed design. The result of this consultation process was the formalization of the guarantees of the highest authorities of all science and technology organizations and the main institutions related to the Argentine university sector.
With this important inter-institutional support, the Ministry undertook the computer development of the CV registry based on the agreed conceptual design: the CVar. The CVar will have a central application for loading curricular data, the fruit of the joint work of the Ministry and the National Council for Scientific and Technical Research (CONICET). For its creation, the main local curricular information registration systems were taken into account, in accordance with requirements agreed with all science and technology institutions, in order to develop an integrating system that allows addressing the needs and demands of information and management. country curriculum.
In April of 2011 it was launched the first stage of the CVar product of the adequacy of the Integral (SIGEVA) Management System and Evaluation, currently using the National Scientific and Technical Research (CONICET) and several universities (such as UBA and the UNC) to the CVar requirements. Numerous researchers and fellows of CONICET from then on presented themselves to calls for regulatory reports, projects and scholarships through this application and also accepted the management and publication of their data in the CVar CV unified database.
In July of 2011 by Resolution 693/11 of the CVar operation is regulated, establishing the system of collection, transfer, management and updating of curriculum data and model “Agreement of Use and data exchange” between the Ministry and institutions that integrate the National System of Science, Technology and Innovation. ”
Since September 2011, the CVar central loading application, Unified and Normalized Registry at the national level of the curricular data of the scientific and technological personnel who work in the different Argentine institutions, is available to the entire scientific and technological community on the Website from SICYTAR. It is a version that over the next few months will incorporate new forms that respond to the conceptual design of the CVar validated by the institutions of the system. This first version allows the exchange of curricular information with SIGEVA (CONICET and / or Universities) and access to information related to the scientific and technological production of the research teachers of the Incentives Program who participated in the last categorization process.
Functions and objectives of SICYTAR:
- maintain a unified record with permanent updating;
- produce detailed statistical information to develop indicators and evaluate science and technology policies;
- offer a useful tool for establishing contacts between researchers, as well as with the government and business sectors.
- organize and maintain a unified and standardized registry with permanent and online updating of scientific and technological personnel, and of existing R&D projects, groups and institutions in the country;
- produce detailed, reliable and updated statistical information in “real” time and develop new national scientific and technological indicators for the formulation and evaluation of Science and Technology policies;
- standardize formats for processing the main administrative procedures in sector institutions, such as calls and evaluation processes for individuals, groups, projects and institutions;
- offer a useful search tool for establishing contacts between national and foreign researchers and with the government and business sectors;
- offer Argentine society as a whole access to a public data registry and quality aggregated information on the national S&T sector produced from it.
Unified and Normalized CVar Registry
The CVar is a Unified and Normalized Registry at the national level of the Curricular Data of the scientific and technological personnel that work in the different Argentine institutions. The CVar is an initiative of the Undersecretariat for Institutional Evaluation and is part of the Argentine Science and Technology Information System (SICYTAR).
Its objective is to organize and maintain a unified and standardized record of the curricular background of scientific and technological personnel with permanent and online updates, in order to produce detailed, reliable and updated statistical information in real time. It also offers Argentine society access to a public data registry and statistical information from it.
People who make it up and benefit
All those who carry out scientific and technological activities in official or private Argentine institutions, currently reside in the country or are staying abroad: researchers and technologists, research fellows and support personnel for Science and Technology can be part of it. . The Registry of the curricular background of the Argentine scientific and technological personnel (CVar) constitutes a long-standing need in the Argentine scientific and technological community, whose consolidation implies a long-term commitment of all the participating scientific and technological institutions for the improvement of the information contained in the Registry based on the new needs of politics and management. Its main benefits are:
- Provides valuable information for planning and decision making.
- It promotes the exchange of information between individuals, groups and institutions.
- It allows you to see what, who, when, where and how research and development is carried out in Argentina.
- It offers the possibility of making and participating in institutional calls, including those for project financing, using information uploaded to the CVar and preventing the researcher from having to complete their Curriculum Vitae again in the forms and databases of the calls.