The rise of new technologies, essential in an increasingly digitalized world, has resulted in a profound business transformation that, among other things, has accelerated the need to find solutions that facilitate greater business process automation (BPA).
In this sense, the automation of business processes requires the existence of technological systems capable of executing certain tasks that were previously carried out by human beings. Such tasks affect, among others, the control and correction of workflows , generating reports of the entire process. A fundamental aspect of automation is, in this respect, feedback, through which the technological system used evaluates, compares and corrects in real time, under certain preconfigured restrictions and without human intervention.
Process automation in the company can also be programmed to be executed only at specific times, depending on certain factors or the result of previous processes. This allows the company to plan future tasks.
Main advantages of business process automation
There are many advantages derived from automating processes within a given business:
1. Greater competitiveness
- To begin with, companies that decide to implement them are placed in a clearly advantageous position vis-à-vis their competitors, both in terms of operability and reliability, something fundamental in a world of constant business transformation.
- Automation affects the reduction of operating costs, by allowing redefining tasks and eliminating those that are unnecessary or superfluous.
2. Operational efficiency
- This also saves time, allowing the company’s human teams to free themselves from repetitive tasks that used to consume valuable time, so that they can focus on more relevant activities that add more value to the business .
- The speed in the development of the tasksis also increased and it is favored that the teams work without suffering interruptions, eliminating the execution of manual sequences, always exposed to the possible human errors.
3. Quality metrics
- It also allows more detailed analysis to becarried out , by having reliable and updated information at all times, which translates into an increase in the productivity and efficiency of the organization.
- On the other hand, automation improves collaboration between the different departments of the company, by facilitating the flow of information and communication between them, which reduces action and response times, improving the service.
Another important advantage of automating processes in companies is that it contributes to better visibility of business opportunities , as well as greater control of different task flows, so that you always know what decisions to take in each step of the commercial activity. This strengthens the operational level of the company, an aspect of utmost importance in increasingly competitive markets .
Automation, on the other hand, can be implemented both physically and through various cloud environments , which increases the possibilities of process control and management.
In short, the BPA speeds up the execution of the different applications, minimizes possible errors and contributes to increasing productivity, performance and, ultimately, the success of the company.