In recent times, natural disasters have intensified due to the impact of the exploitation of natural resources, polluting the atmosphere through quantities of greenhouse gases, which alter the planet’s temperature and cause great climatic changes, as well as imbalances. in nature as the problem of acid rain. Therefore, it is very important to publicize the causes, consequences and measures to combat this environmental problem.
Acid rain is one that contains precipitation contaminated with nitric or sulfuric acids as a result of the atmospheric contamination of quantities of greenhouse gases, which are mixed with water. This rain has a low PH and can be wet as dry.
Acid rain occurs with moisture from the air and pollutants from industrial factories, cars and the burning of fossil fuels that combine with nitrogen oxide, sulfur dioxide and trioxide. Thus, these chemical substances accompany the precipitations that constitute the acid rain that falls on the earth.
The main causes of acid rain are:
- Human and industrial activities.
- The atmospheric pollution.
- Emissions of greenhouse gases.
- Sulfur and nitrogen emissions.
- Carbon dioxide.
- Burning fossil fuels. Forest fires.
- Environmental disasters
- Climate changes.
What with the Consequences of Acid Rain?
- The main consequences of acid rain are:
- Impact on the environment.
- Impact on ecosystems and habitats.
- Impact on biodiversity.
- Impact on natural resources.
- Impact on human health and living beings.
- Impact on urban infrastructure.
- Impact on food security.
- Impact on agriculture
- Social, economic, cultural and natural impacts.
For all of the above, the following measures or actions must be taken right now to combat the environmental problem of acid rain:
- rational use of natural resources.
- Reduce environmental pollution and greenhouse gases.
- Promote renewable energy sources.
- Promote organic farming.
- Organic products
- The reforestation.
- The environmental sanitation.
- The use of the bicycle as a means of ecological transport.
- Integral management of solid waste.
- Environmental management
- Environmental impact assessments.
- The territorial planning.
- Environmental planning
- Environmental legislation
- Reduce poverty and control population growth.
- Reduce and combat environmental problems.
- Sustainable development and quality of life.
- Other environmental, ecological and sustainable conservation measures