Leave the house . Whenever I feel claustrophobic, it’s usually because I haven’t left the house yet that day. Go out. I don’t care if it’s cold, leave your apartment for a few minutes and walk.
2. Make yourself a cup of strong tea and drink while it is still hot. Hot liquids can be incredibly soothing, and the caffeine in tea disperses differently from the caffeine in coffee, so it will give you energy without spoiling you.
3. Write a list of ten things you care about. Sometimes when your fears build up inside you, it’s easier to get them out so that you don’t feel you have to keep them on the front lines in your mind.
4. Buy yourself a flower, go home and put it in some water. Enjoy something new that livens up the place.
5. Go to the park and pet a stranger’s dog (with his permission, of course).
6. Ask your friends what your best qualities are, as a person, as an employee or as a friend. So stop for a second and actually give yourself credit for those qualities.
7. Use the reminders your friends have given you to think about some things you want to focus on in the next month. Focusing on the big picture or planning the year for you, the year of your career may be a little too much right now. Instead, make short-term goals. What are you going to do this month? Do you want to focus on meeting people and planning more social commitments? Do you want to talk to your supervisor to tackle new projects at work?
8. Stop being scared. Stop being scared if you don’t have an answer to what you want to do with your life. Stop going crazy because you’re not even sure what you want to do for the rest of the day. You don’t have to have all the answers. You have to take things one day at a time.
9. Call someone in your family who makes you feel safe and happy. Make sure he’s someone to talk to openly.
10. Buy an album you’ve never heard of before and listen to it from start to finish.
11. Cook a nice meal. Actually take the time to search for recipes online and order them to find the one you like. Go to the shop, choose all the ingredients needed to do it. When the food is cooked, even if it doesn’t look exactly like in the photo, reward yourself by eating it in front of a movie.
Find out which are your favorite eggs. No seriously. Mix the eggs, turn them into an omelette, boil them, make them easy, etc. Try them and find out which one is your favorite. This doesn’t have to be done in one night.
13. Find out which is your favorite alcoholic drink. Again, not something you want to drink in one night.
15. Take care of yourself and take care of yourself to feel comfortable.
14. Contact a person you think he can love. Suppose you would like to learn more about their job or meet you for coffee. You may not get an answer, or they may say no, but you have nothing to lose by simply trying.
16. Read a poem.
17. Recognize and understand that no one is immune to feeling lost. In fact, realizing that you feel lost means that you are pursuing a better job, trying to find the love you deserve or looking for a deeper meaning in your life. You are someone who is trying to improve, and this is an excellent quality.
Buy yourself a free economic candle for everyone (set a budget of 15 euros and see what you can get). Bring them all home, turn them all on and surround yourself with heat.
19. Go to the dentist because chances are good that you put him off for five months.
20. Instead of letting your time alone become the time you fill by replaying the worries in your head and letting your anxiety control you almost, find things you genuinely enjoy doing alone. Try cooking, reading, drawing or even going to the cinema. Rediscover the fact that you really like your freedom and enjoy your company.