Recently, herbal tea is becoming increasingly popular.It is produced by many well-known tea companies.It can be easily made by yourself. They are made from fresh or dried flowers, seeds, leaves or roots.To make tea really useful, all herbs must be properly harvested and dried. In addition, it is very important to know the medicinal nature of each ingredient of herbal teas, otherwise you can not improve your health.
The Benefits of Herbal Tees
- replenish mineral salts , lost during a training session in the gym or a particularly hot day;
- promote body relaxation , if taken in the evening, counteracting insomnia;
- Tackle annoying premenstrual symptoms , such as headache and abdominal tension;
- Prevents pathologies affecting the kidneys , such as stones and cystitis;
- Counteract venous insufficiency , which causes a difficult return of blood to the heart;
- Purify the lymphatic system , whose function is to remove pathogens and waste substances from the body.
Here are some sample recipes for vitamin herbal teas.
Lingonberry: 2 g of heather flowers, 2 g of wild rose leaves, 10 g of strawberry leaves.
Ashberry: 30 g rowan berries, 5 g raspberry berries, 2 g currant leaves.
Strawberry: 10 g strawberry leaves, 2 g mint, 2 g of Hypericum.
Tea with primrose: 5 g of primrose leaves, 5 g of Hypericum.
Honey-rosehip tea: 20 g of hips, 15 g of honey, 5 g of lemon juice.
Vitamin A: 20 g of rosehips, 10 g of rowan fruits, 5 g of oregano leaves.
Fortifying: 3 g of strawberry leaves, 3 g of blackberry leaves, 3 g of black currant leaves, 10 g of thyme, 10 g of Hypericum. 1 tbsp. mix boil 200 ml boiling water and infuse for 10 minutes.
General-strengthening No. 2: 6 g of rose hips, 6 g of sea buckthorn fruits, 2 g of centaury grass, 2 g of licorice root, 3 g of dandelion root, 20 g of honey.
General-strengthening No. 3: 30 g of rose hips, 20 g of blueberries, 10 g of bird cherry trees, 30 g of nettle leaves. 1 tbsp. mix boil 200 ml of boiling water and cook for 10 minutes, insist for 1 hour. Drink with honey.
Drying herbs is also a science. Collected herbs are dried in a shaded room.
Herbs containing essential oils (marjoram, calamus, thyme, etc.) should be dried slowly at a temperature of 30-35ºС. This is to ensure that the essential oil does not evaporate.
• Herbs containing glucosides (tansy, mint, adonis, St. John’s wort, coltsfoot) are dried in a dryer at a temperature of 50-60ºС.
• Fruits (wild rose, black currant, barberry, mountain ash) containing a lot of vitamin C are dried in a dryer at a temperature of 80-90ºС.