Menstrual cups have become the perfect solution for many women during menstruation.The cup denotes lot of names: vaginal cup, menstrual cup, rule cup, intimate and menstrual cup. In the end all this cup is placed in the vagina to retain the flow of menstruation as the tampon.
Benefits of the menstrual cup. Why use it
- It is much more comfortable : You will not notice that you are wearing it and can use it to sleep and to play sports.
- You can use it for 12 hours without having to worry about changing it.
- It is reusable : You do not need spare parts or buy anything else, so you also save money.
- Little space : you can store it anywhere without taking up space with boxes, etc.
- Bad smells : forget about them, unlike tampons and compresses, with the cup no odors are generated whenever you take care of it.
- Duration of 10 years : You can use the same menstrual cup for 10 years depending on the brand, even reach 15. That’s a long time without having to worry about buying.
Benefits for your health:
- Hypoallergenic : The materials with which menstrual cups are made are hypoallergenic and prevent allergies, itching, itching and discomfort.
- Toxic Shock Syndrome : This syndrome is associated with the use of tampons and puts our health at risk. Using the cup you can avoid it since it is not associated with it ..
- Infections: Menstrual cups are also not associated with other infections or candidiasis.
- Vaginal pH : does not interfere with your pH, so problems derived from it are avoided.
- Others : It does not release fibers like tampons, nor does it contain pesticides, bleaching agents and other aggressive components. It also does not dry the intimate areas and allows perspiration so it is indicated for women with a delicate vagina environment.
How to put and place the menstrual cup?
If this is the first time you are going to put or remove your menstrual cup , you are probably wondering how to do it.It is not complicated once you have some practice, but if you face it for the first time, follow these steps:
- Bend :
With clean hands, the first thing you should do is fold the cup. You can fold it in different ways, although I personally find the C form more comfortable.
Once folded, insert it into the vagina if it were a tampon and help with your fingers to place it. The ideal position is a little lower than the tampons. Once inside the cup should be opened.If it still does not open, remove it and try again for 0. If there is still problem, perhaps the cup you have chosen may not be the right selection for your body.
If you wonder how to remove the menstrual cup, you just have to hold it by the base and break the vacuum by clamping or tilting it on its side. Once the vacuum is broken you just have to pull it down. you can empty and clean it.
Although I already told you about the benefits above, I can reiterate that:
- You save money in a short period of time.
- You respect the environment and avoid lots of waste, emissions, pesticides …
- You take care of your health , since you do not have risks of SST and other diseases or discomforts related to intimate hygiene products.
- It is much more comfortable for you. At the physical level it will be much less annoying, but also you avoid the hassle of going to buy each month.