The Tobramycin is used to treat severe bacterial lung infection .
It is also experienced in the treatment of paranasal sinus infections (sinusitis) .
What is Tobramycin?
Tobramycin only kills bacteria sensitive to its action (Gram-negative, especially Pseudomonas species) by blocking the synthesis of their proteins.
How is Tobramycin taken?
Tobramycin can be administered by injection or inhalation .
Side effects of Tobramycin
Prolonged or repeated intake of Tobramycin can cause a new infection.
Other possible adverse effects include:
- He retched
- pain, swelling or redness at the injection site
It is good to contact a doctor immediately in case of:
- breathing difficulties
- feeling of tightness in the chest
- swelling of the mouth, face, lips or tongue
- clumsiness or difficulty in coordination
- hearing problems
- reduced urination
- dizziness or light-headedness
- feeling of movement
- persistent fever, chills or sore throat
- muscle weakness
- numbness or tingling
- red, swollen, blistered or peeling skin
- noises in the ears
- severe or persistent diarrhea
- stomach pain or cramps
- bruising or bleeding
- vaginal discharge or irritation
Warnings on the use of Tobramycin
Taking Tobramycin is contraindicated in the case of treatment with Ethacrynic Acid, Furosemide, Mannitol , urea or drugs that can damage the kidneys, nervous system or hearing.
Before taking Tobramycin it is important to tell your doctor:
- of allergies to the active substance, its excipients or other drugs (in particular to aminoglycoside antibiotics), substances (in particular sulphites) or food;
- of medicines, phytotherapics and supplements taken, citing in particular Cephaloridine or other Cephalosporins, Cisplatin, Colistin, Cyclosporins, Fludarabine, loop diuretics, Methoxyflurane, Nitrisuree, Fans, Polymyxin B, Vancomycin, Viomycin, beta-lactamates and m-lactamates;
- if you suffer (or have suffered) from myasthenia gravis, Parkinson’s, hearing or nerve problems or kidney problems;
- in case of severe or extensive burns ;
- in case of dehydration ;
- if you are pregnant or breastfeeding .
During treatment it is recommended to drink in abundance . It is also good to inform doctors, surgeons and dentists about taking Tobramycin.