The Fosfomycin interferes with the formation of the cell wall of bacteria , in an irreversible way by blocking an enzyme required for the construction of one of its fundamental constituents.
What is phosphomycin used for?
Phosphomycin is used to treat urinary tract infections . It is particularly indicated in cases of acute cystitis that often affects women and at the base of which there is an infection with Escherichia Coli or Enterococcus Faecalis.
How is Phosphomycin taken?
Phosphomycin is taken orally , in the form of a powder to be dissolved in water.
Side effects of Phosphomycin
Possible side effects of phosphomycin include:
- vaginal itching
- a runny nose
It is good to contact a doctor immediately in case of:
- joint pain
- swelling of the mouth
- swelling of the tongue
- yellowish discolouration of the skin
Contraindications and warnings associated with the use of Phosphomycin
Before taking Phosphomycin it is good to inform your doctor:
- of allergies to the active substance or any other drug;
- of the medicines, phytotherapy and supplements taken, remembering to mention in particular Cisapride, Metoclopramide and vitamins;
- if you suffer (or have suffered) from asthma or liver disease ;
- if you are pregnant or breastfeeding .