Oxandrolone is used to promote weight gain . It is usually prescribed to combat weight loss associated with surgery, recurrent infections, severe trauma or unknown reasons.Oxandrolone is also used during the treatment of some side effects of long-term steroid intake and to decrease bone pain caused by osteoarthritis .
What is Oxandrolone?
Oxandrolone is an anabolic . Its action facilitates the synthesis of testosterone , and in this way facilitates the growth of muscle mass .
How is Oxandrolone taken?
Oxandrolone is taken in the form of tablets, orally . It is usually included in combined treatments with other drugs.
Side effects of Oxandrolone
The blood clotting capacity and the level of blood sugar can be altered from the assumption dell’Oxandrolone. Potential sleep disturbances also count among other side symptoms.
A doctor should be consulted immediately upon occurrence of
- alteration of sexual desire
- changes in skin color
- dark urine
- deeper tone of voice
- bleeding or bruising
- breathing difficulties
- feeling of tightness in the chest
- swelling of the mouth, face, lips or tongue
- enlargement of the genitals or breasts
- frequent or persistent erections
- increased urination or thirst
- irregular heart beat
- loss of appetite
- menstrual irregularities
- changes in mood or behavior
- muscle cramps or tics
- nausea or vomiting
- stomach ache
- swelling of ankles or hands
- unusual tiredness
Contraindications and warnings on the use of Oxandrolone
Some individuals should not take Oxandrolone . These are men who suspect of suffering, or who suffer from prostate or breast cancer , pregnant women , suffering from a tumor of the sense associated with high levels of calcium in the blood, or in case of nephrosis or high levels of calcium in the blood.
Before taking Oxandrolone, you should inform your doctor:
- of any allergies to the active substance, to its excipients, to any other drug, to foods or other substances;
- of the medicines, phytotherapy and supplements taken, citing in particular anticoagulants, Carbamazepine, drugs for diabetes, corticosteroids and Corticotropine;
- if you suffer (or have suffered) from prostatic hypertrophy, heart, vascular, kidney or liver disease or breast cancer ;
- you are pregnant or breastfeeding .
Oxandrolone can be addictive if taken in high doses or for long periods of time. Withdrawal symptoms may occur in the event of abrupt discontinuation of treatment.