What is Alfusozine?
It is an alpha-blocker drug that blocks the receptors present in the lower urinary tract and causes relaxation of the muscles in the neck of the bladder and prostate. In this way it improves urinary flow.
How is Alfusozine taken?
Alfusozine is usually administered orally, on a full stomach.
Side effects of Alfusozina
Alfusozine can cause prolonged and painful erections.
Other possible side effects are:
- stomach ache
- stuffy or runny nose
- sense of fatigue
A doctor should be contacted immediately in case of:
- skin rash
- difficulty breathing
- chest pain or heaviness
- swelling of the mouth, face, lips or tongue
- chest pain
- dark urine
- complications in the sexual sphere
- fast or irregular heartbeat
- persistent fever, chills or sore throat
- articolar pains
- prolonged and painful erection
- pale stools
- dizziness (severe or persistent)
- stomach pain (severe or persistent)
- excessive tiredness or weakness
Alfusozine should not be administered in case of liver problems and in case of treatment with other alpha-blockers, with HIV protease inhibitors, macrolide antibiotics, azole antifungals, nefazodone or telithromycin.
It may impair the ability to drive and maneuver dangerous machinery, especially if taken in conjunction with alcohol or other medicines. High temperatures, physical activity and fever may eventually aggravate the dizziness associated with its intake.
Before starting treatment, you should inform your doctor:
- about the presence of allergies to the active substance, to its excipients or to other drugs or foods;
- medicines, phytotherapics and supplements already taken in the past, citing in particular other alpha-blockers, macrolide antibiotics, nefazodone, nitrates, type 5 phosphodiesterase inhibitors, telithromycin, low blood pressure drugs, amiodarone, beta blockers and drugs against l ‘HIV;
- if you suffer (or have suffered previously) from low blood pressure, dizziness, light-headedness and fainting (especially if after taking medications), liver or kidney problems, prostate disorders, tumors, chest pains ( or if cardiovascular problems are known in the family);
- if you have planned an eye surgery.
Doctors, surgeons and dentists should always be informed of Alfusozine treatment.