Valve promises us a fast, fluid and powerful portable console, therefore, it has focused on providing us with excellent specifications to meet the great demands of each title that demands it and, thus, offer excellent playability.
“The most powerful gaming laptop in the world” is classified as such after hard work by the Valve team after creating a next- generation console with the best in technology for gamers.
And it does not hurt to offer us a 7-inch touch screen with an integrated stabilizer, 16 buttons that you can customize and a pair of side trackpads.
Inside its elegant black housing that offers us an excellent appeal we have an exclusive AMD APU and a GPU that is based on RDNA 2 with 16 GB of LPDDR5 RAM.
All this to meet the needs of the best current and future titles. We only have to wait to be able to test this powerful console, although it could already be reserved from July 16, its arrival will not be seen in an estimated way until December 21 .
- What are the Steam Deck versions available?
- 64 GB eMMC
- 256GB NVMe SSD
- 512GB NVMe SSD
- What specs does the Steam Deck have?
- Components (edit)
- Does Steam Deck come integrated with Windows 11?
- What features do the Steam Deck controls have?
What are the Steam Deck versions available?
Trying to meet the demands Valve brings us the versions of the Steam Deck that will be available soon for our choice from December 21 . With a total of 3 versions, Steam Deck clings big to the latest in storage, processor and RAM offering us a next generation and high-end console.
Its versions will come with a notable difference with respect to storage and as an advantage each version will have (a MicroSD slot to expand the memory).
64 GB eMMC
From 419 euros we have the 64 GB version with eMMC disk plus case, when it comes to accessibility in the market the Steam Deck offers this cheaper version unlike those that have SSD disks. Providing all the quality in a cheaper version.
256GB NVMe SSD
Starting at 549 euros we have the 256 GB NVMe SSD version plus case, this version offers a larger storage capacity and excellent data transfer quality in the case of a solid state disk. In addition to offering an exclusive package from the Steam community.
512GB NVMe SSD
Starting at 578 euros we have the version of 512 GB NVMe SSD plus exclusive case, it offers a high quality anti-glare glass , an exclusive profile of the Steam community and a theme for the personalized virtual keyboard.
What specs does the Steam Deck have?
Valve and AMD partner to bring us a powerful integrated console with a processor (Zen 2 with a maximum of 8 cores at 3.5 Ghz), an RDNA 2 GPU at 1.6 Ghz, 16 GB of RAM and a storage that goes from 64 GB eMMC in its first version up to 512 GB NVMe SSD in its most exclusive version.
Among its components we will find excellence in joint technology , which not only gives us the latest in portable consoles, but also takes advantage of everything to give us a comfortable, elegant, innovative and highly aesthetic design.
- Display:With a 7-inch screen and a 1280 x 800 resolution , the Steam Deck will miss out on anything to offer, apart from giving us a (16:10 aspect ratio) and a 60Hz refresh rate.
- Dimensions:Due to its aesthetic and comfortable design, the Steam Deck will measure 298 mm x 117 mm x 49 mm.
- Weight: Itwill have a weight of approximately 669 grams which makes the console a comfortable and light portable .
- Storage:Among its three versions that will be launched on the market, the Steam Deck will come with (64Gb eMMC PCIe 2nd Gen, 256 GB NVMe SSD PCIe 3rd Gen, 512Gb NVMe SSD PCIe 3rd Gen high speed). All models will have a MicroSD slot that will allow you to expand the memory.
- APU / GPU / CPU:AMD APU, Zen 2 CPU with 4 cores and 8 threads at 2.4 Ghz and a maximum of 3.5 Ghz (448 GFlops) at 30FPS, RDNA 2 CUs GPUs with a maximum performance of 1, 6 Ghz TFlops at 30FPS. One 8k video output at 60 Hz and 4k at 120 Hz.
- Speakers:Stereo with built-in DSP for an immersive sound experience without ignoring every auditory detail.
It has two Trackpads and a gyroscope . When we talk about what stands out in the new Steam Deck laptop we can say that the sensors are remarkably a clear feature that innovates comfort and playability. Being a patent with pressure sensors that offers significant changes for the development of games that take advantage of this innovation.
With a haptic response, games will have a better response in each interactive element that makes it up. However, being a patent this could change in the development of the Steam Deck incorporating new future functions.
Another notable and no less important feature is the battery, when referring to a laptop it is obvious that we will ask ourselves how long will the battery last and what will its performance be? Although we have few details about the battery, Valve promises us between 2-4 and up to 8 hours of play depending on the title to run. Obviously, each title requires a different performance, but, doing examples, we could play ” Portal” for 4 hours without any problem of overheating.
Does Steam Deck come integrated with Windows 11?
Valve has said that the console will come with optimized SteamOS from which we can download each title from the Steam store in the most practical way. However, after talks from IGN, Valve will allow us to install Windows on the Steam Deck and we will only have to test what will be the performance of Microsoft’s OS on the console. If we were to obtain optimal performance, this would mean being able to have our Xbox Game Pass on the console.
What features do the Steam Deck controls have?
A Unlike the Nintendo Switch not have removable controls, but a classic console one piece to highlight offers a more promising physical durability.
At the ends we have a joystick and at the bottom a trackpad that will innovate the playability, through the experience similar to that of a mouse with haptic functions.