New operating systems, namely iOS and iPadOS 15, macOS 12 Monterey, watchOS 8 and tvOS 15, were introduced by Apple more than a month ago at the WWDC21 development conference. Since then, we have been focusing on the new features and improvements we have seen in our magazine every day. At first, it might seem that the novelty in the presented systems is rather slow, mainly due to the style of presentation. Immediately after the presentation, the California giant made the first developer beta versions of the new systems available, and a few weeks later, public beta versions were released. In this article we will focus on one of the new features in watchOS 8.
watchOS 8: How to share photos via Messages or Mail
During the introduction of watchOS 8, Apple also focused on the redesigned Photos application. While in older versions of watchOS this application only shows you a selection of a few tens or hundreds of photos, in watchOS 8 you can look forward to several collections in which you will find recommended photos, memories and selections. In addition to this change, it is also possible to share a certain photo directly from your Apple Watch, via the Messages or Mail application. This is useful if you just have a long time, start browsing your memories and want to share a certain photo with someone immediately, without having to take your iPhone out of your pocket. The sharing procedure is as follows:
- First, you need to press the digital crownon your Apple Watch with watchOS 8 .
- This will put you in a list of all available applications.
- Now find and open in this list called
- Then find the photoyou want to share and tap
- Once you have done so, press the share icon(arrow square) in the lower right corner .
- Next, an interface will appear where you can easily share the photo.
- You can now share the photo to selected contacts,or scroll down and select Messages or
- After selecting one of the methods, all you have to do is fill in the other text fields and send the photo.
Using the above method, you can easily share a photo within watchOS 8, either via Messages or Mail. If you decide to share the photo via Mail, you must fill in the recipient, the subject of the e-mail and the e-mail message itself. If you decide to share via Messages, you must select a contact and possibly attach a message. You can also create a dial from the selected photo within the sharing interface. So the next time you have a long moment, remember this tutorial, which will allow you to view your memories and possibly share them.