We saw the introduction of new operating systems from Apple a few long weeks ago, specifically at the introductory presentation of the WWDC21 development conference, which took place at the beginning of June. Apple Company has introduced iOS and iPadOS 15, macOS 12 Monterey, watchOS 8 and tvOS 15. All of these systems include a myriad of new features and tweaks that are sure to please most of you. In our magazine, we constantly address all these innovations and show how you can activate and use them. In this article, we will focus on another feature of watchOS 8, which is also part of iOS 15.
watchOS 8: How to activate device forget notifications
Are you an individual who often forgets? If you answered yes to this question, then I have great news for you. If, in addition to things as such, you also forget your portable devices, you will find useful new notifications of forgetting your device. It can hit perfectly if you leave your MacBook somewhere, for example. As soon as you move away from the device, you will receive a notification on your iPhone or Apple Watch informing you of this fact. So it will never happen again that you leave the device at work or in the car. Activation can be done as follows:
- First, press the digital crownon your Apple Watch with watchOS 8 installed .
- This will take you to a list of all installed applications, where you can find and click Find Devices.
- Once the application has loaded, find the devicefor which you want to activate a forget notification.
- It should be noted that the device must be portable– such as a MacBook. For example, you will not set this feature on your iMac.
- After clicking on a particular device, scroll below,and to the section entitled
- Then click on the box labeled Notify me of forgotten.
- Finally, all you have to do is activatethis function with the switch .
So you can use the above method to activate a feature on Apple Watch that alerts you when you forget your device somewhere. However, in certain places you may be aware of the device consciously, such as at home. Of course, the engineers in Apple also thought about this and came up with a function, thanks to which you can set up so-called Trusted Places, ie places where nothing will happen if you forget your device. Unfortunately, you will not set up Trusted Places on Apple Watch, it is necessary to do so on the iPhone. These locations can only be removed from Apple Watch. For Device forget notifications to work, the Find Device application must have access to the location. Finally, I’ll just point out that all device forget notifications are synced – so if you set it to Apple Watch, they will be available on the iPhone (and vice versa).