Stamps . They are utensils with engraved images that, by printing an ink on a surface, allow authorization or conformity to documents or close a document. It is common for the brand, which is also known as a stamp, to be made together with one or more signatures. The term seal comes from the Latin sigillum; in some countries it is given the stamp name.
The term seal is also used to name the piece of paper that adheres to some documentation to give them legitimacy and the trademark or company linked to the music or publishing industry .
[ hide ]
- 1 History
- 2 types
- 3 Accessories
- 4 Care
- 5 Use
- 6 Sources
The seals were created by the ancient populations of Egypt and Mesopotamia and Ancient Egypt ( scarabs and cylinder seals). Made of stone, metal or ceramic materials, they allowed to seal letters and various registers.
The invention of the press, with the appearance of mobile types, helped to massify the label. Over time, some stamps began to include a pad that features the ink being used, making it easier to use.
Used as a personal seal to seal or sign correspondence and documents, they were handcrafted in stone, faience or metal.
With the development of the press and the production of mobile types , the label became popular, allowing its mass production.
The most modern versions already include a pad with ink inside. There are also other variants that allow greater security and cleaning, as well as easy portability.
- Date stamp: It is the stamp that, through the moving parts, allows you to modify the date to mark it on a surface.
- Numbering stamp: It is the stamp that allows the marking to be sequentially modified and makes the stamping easier in the framework of a continuous process.
- Dry or raised stamp: It is the stamp that is engraved on metal mainly, used since ancient times by kings.
- Quality seal: It is an approval given to a particular product or service, after contrasting its characteristics with a series of criteria that are previously defined by pre-established standards. This brand, which can have different shapes, colors and sizes, usually inspires confidence in consumers, as it assures them that their transaction will be satisfactory and legal. It is worth mentioning that the process necessary to obtain said certificate is absolutely voluntary, so its absence is not synonymous with lack of ethics and, in an ideal case, it should not be a reason for suspicion.
- Record label: It is the commercial seal that validates a disc, CD or other supports used in the modern music industry.
- Seal holders: Kind of hanger , in various models, where the stamps are placed in such a way that they hang.
- Pad: Accessory where the ink is where the stamp gets wet before using it.
- Cleaning: Over time, ink residue tends to collect on the seal, drying and hardening. Must be cleaned with alcohol .
- The pad must be periodically recharged. The ink used can be alcohol or oil based .
- Cleaning with alcohol can be harmful, depending on the material the seal rubber is made of: if it were made of liquid photopolymer , the alcohol would break the seal; To clean with alcohol, the seal must be rubber and not liquid photopolymer.
The most common use of stamps is found in state agencies, where marking of documents is very common. Postal services, on the other hand, use stamps to render stamps or postal stamps useless.
There are stamps for recreational and school use, allowing for easy repetition in pedagogical tasks.