On the occasion of the celebration of World Health Day, the campaign “Bread Every Day” has recalled the importance of including bread in the diet to maintain a healthy lifestyle, taking advantage of its multiple nutritional properties.
For this, it has produced a graphic document that explains to consumers the seven main benefits that bread brings to a diet. In a very didactic and striking way, the nutrients of this food, its health benefits, its properties such as the contribution of energy, its heart-healthy appearance or its help in the prevention of diseases such as diabetes are disclosed. In addition, regular consumption of bread is a source of numerous minerals and vitamins essential for our body.
It is recommended to include two to three servings of cereals in each meal, with the recommended dose of carbohydrates being six servings daily. Preferably integral.
- Bread forms part of the base of the food pyramid. It belongs to the group of cereals and is a nutritionally complete food.
- Itprovides the energythat the brain and nervous system need.
- Specialists recommend 5-6 servings of carbohydratesdaily . A good way to meet this need is to include bread daily with each meal.
- Itcontributes to the regulation of intestinal functionsdue to its high fiber content, especially whole wheat bread. Fiber reduces the risk of type II diabetes and cholesterol.
5. It provides vitaminsGroup B water-soluble that help transform food into energy; keep hair, skin and nails healthy; form red blood cells and antibodies, and keep the circulatory system in good condition.
- Contains minerals suchas calcium, phosphorous, magnesium and potassium, essential for the organism.
- It is ideal for children and adolescents due to the great physical activitythey develop. Also for older people because it is a food that is easily chewed and digested.