A collection of tips to help any newbie player get to grips with Rush Royale faster
Rush Royale is a mobile fantasy tower defense game developed by IT Territory and published by My.Games. Players need to collect various characters and place them on the board to defend their fortress from various monsters. In duel mode, the most persistent user wins, and in a team match, you will have to withstand many different waves to receive the greatest reward. This beginner’s guide teaches the basics of both genres, shows you the most effective cards, and helps you get to grips with Rush Royale faster.
Start with the basics of gameplay
Rush Royale beginner’s guide – Take your time to do hasty actions
At the start of each match, both players have a board covered with a 15-square net. It is needed to place your units. Each match starts with 100 units of mana, which is used to summon characters from the used starting deck and level them up. All summoned soldiers are randomly selected and automatically placed on any free space. To compensate for the lack of space, you can combine two identical units. To do this, you need to drag one character onto another. As a result, a completely new random hero will appear with an improved rate of fire.
For such a merger, the selected units must be of the same rank, which is indicated by a special geometric figure under the unit:
- 1st rank – circle;
- 2nd rank – oval;
- 3rd rank – triangle;
- 4th rank – rum;
- 5th rank – pentagonal shield;
- Rank 6 – Hexagon.
On top of that, merging has one major drawback: the total power of the merged unit is based on rank. This can lead to significant loss of damage when connecting pumped characters. For example, there are two second rank units on the board, each with 200 strength. When they merge, a hero of the third rank will appear, but he has only 300 units of strength. In this case, the hero will lose 100 power. Such actions significantly reduce the combat effectiveness of the defense, so it is not recommended to be overly enthusiastic when using the merge function.
Rush Royale Beginner’s Guide – Experiment with Decks and Tactics
You can get mana by killing enemies. They are used to acquire new soldiers and improve existing ones. The cost of summoning units increases with each use, so be careful when purchasing additional firepower. To improve the characters, you must click on the corresponding icon at the bottom of the screen. This action increases the strength of not only placed heroes, but also all subsequent ones. Upgrades can be done up to four times in a single match, and the cost of doing this is doubled each time:
- 1 upgrade – 100 mana;
- 2 improvement – 200 mana;
- 3 improvement – 400 mana;
- 4 improvement – 800 mana;
Explore and control your characters
Rush Royale Beginner’s Guide – Each fight is different from the last due to the randomness
Only five defenders can be taken into each battle at a time. There are three slots in the deck settings, which allow you to immediately save three teams. This will allow you to quickly switch between them before choosing another mode or starting the next match. After completing a short tutorial, the player is offered a starting deck of five heroes:
- Archer – Has the highest attack speed of the starting units and is the main initial source of damage.
- Mage of Cold – slows down the speed of movement of targets (the negative effect is summed up with each hit).
- Fire Mage – deals damage in the area.
- Lightning Mage – the character’s attack alternately catches three targets (the damage decreases with each subsequent hit).
- Poisoner – Deals damage over time, but has the slowest attack speed.
For each victory in the match, the player receives two or three awards:
- coins – the main currency;
- tokens – required to receive additional prizes depending on the current season;
- cups are arena points in PvP mode, which advance the player up and open access to new characters and trophies at certain stages.
Rush Royale Beginner’s Guide – Standard Bearer
Before each match, you can watch one commercial to increase potential rewards and receive crystals (premium currency). The exception is cups that are issued strictly according to the rules of the current arena. The rank of the arena affects the search for an equal opponent, the level of which will coincide with the current position of the player.
All open characters are displayed in the corresponding section and differ in their rarity among themselves. The higher it is, the greater the unit’s strength. New cards are purchased in a special store for coins, and are also obtained when opening chests throughout the game. Duplicates of all cards are used to increase their level and improve their current characteristics. For a certain fee, you can perform this action, the cost of which increases with each stage of pumping. Rarer characters also require significant amounts of gold to upgrade. It is imperative to pump heroes, as this increases the critical damage multiplier of the entire deck.
5kings – middle earthOnline RPG in the fantasy world of Tolkien! 100 diamonds each with “ok” promo code
Not all defenders are designed for direct combat. Some units specialize only in improving the player’s strengths or moving them around the board. Below are some examples of standard heroes that can be unlocked at the start of the game:
- Priestess – Grants a mana bonus when merging or killing a monster.
- Reaper – has a small chance to instantly kill the target (does not work on bosses).
- The Engineer is one of the most useful standard heroes, as he increases his damage when he is next to other Engineers, located vertically and horizontally.
- Sniper – Increases his damage against bosses and focuses on opponents with the most health.
- Guardian of the Portal – can swap places with another character of the same rank.
- Banner – does not attack enemies, but increases the attack speed of all units adjacent to it.
- Bombardier – with a small probability can stun any target.
- Chemist – increases damage to the enemy with each shot.
Preparing for PvP battles
Rush Royale Beginner’s Guide – Pay attention to your opponent’s board
In PvP mode, all monsters will appear on the left side of the screen and move along a special path that goes around the board with the characters used. Their goal is to reach the hero’s castle and go inside. The player only has three lives, so the match ends as soon as they run out. All monsters will constantly appear, however, any killed minion on the user’s side will immediately respawn on the opposite part of the enemy’s field and vice versa. There are three types of monsters: standard green, accelerated yellow with a small amount of health, and purple slow mini-bosses that eat two lives at once upon reaching the castle.
Each round in a match lasts two minutes and begins with a random boss selection. After the time expires, a boss will appear on each side of the field, who will receive additional health for each living monster on his path. In addition to a large amount of health, each boss has abilities that they use several times along the way. Bosses also take two lives when they reach the castle. While they are moving towards their target, there will be no other minions on the board. Here is a small list of bosses that can be encountered in the game:
- Tribunal – equalizes both grids, destroying extra units, and the slowdown effects do not apply to it.
- Sorcerer – summons a meteorite that destroys one character on the board, replenishes its health and cancels all negative effects.
- Gorgon – periodically turns two characters into stone without the possibility of using an attack, however, the active effects of the units will still be active.
- Tamer – Summons several monsters for distraction.
- Bedlam – periodically turns all characters on the table into random ones from the used deck.
If both players can survive the attack of the boss, then before the start of the next round, a new random boss will be selected, which will have noticeably more health in the next fight. It should be borne in mind that at a certain arena rank, if you lose in PvP matches, penalties will be applied that reduce the progress of cups. However, one victory in battle will easily cover the loss. The main thing is not to lose too many times in a row.
Co-op only has one life
Rush Royale Beginner’s Guide – Defend the Castle to the Last
Co-op matches give no room for error, as coaches are only given one life. If at least one monster reaches the castle, then the battle ends, at the end of which each user will receive a reward depending on the number of waves sustained. This mode is more like the traditional Tower Defense view, in which both players defend the same castle.
Now both lanes meet in the middle of the field and follow to the players’ castle. Both users can open fire on all monsters. Bosses will spawn every ten waves, and the functions of some characters will be changed. Now any unit that interfered with another player will benefit a teammate.
Complete tasks and get more chests
Rush Royale Beginner’s Guide – Complete Daily and Seasonal Quests every day
When you increase the rank of the arena, new quests are unlocked. Daily missions are updated every 24 hours, and seasonal missions last for an extended period. In most cases, quests can be completed in any mode. For their completion, the player is awarded with special tokens, for which you can receive various rewards. Some gifts are closed, so you need to purchase a paid Premium Pass to receive them.
The main source of new cards is chests, which are obtained in three ways:
- raising the rank of the arena;
- for completing tasks and receiving season tokens;
- shopping in the store.
In addition to the main options for obtaining chests, there are two more tricks that will allow you not to spend earned or purchased premium crystals:
5kings – middle earthOnline RPG in the fantasy world of Tolkien! 100 diamonds each with “ok” promo code
- Promotional Mega Chest, which is issued after viewing ten ads in Rush Royale;
- a commendable chest for three defeats in a row in PvP mode, which can be obtained by watching ads.
Tips for PvP and Co-op Matches
Rush Royale Beginner’s Guide – Learn Post-Match Statistics
Here are some tips to help you increase your win rate and increase your team’s endurance in co-op:
- If you have resources, be sure to pump any characters before matches. These improvements not only increase the parameters of units, but also increase the critical damage bonus for all allied troops on the field. This is especially noticeable on characters with a high attack speed, since when they merge, they will more often apply critical hits. The store also has several heroes for purchase with coins and a special bundle that can be obtained by watching ads every eight hours.
- It is necessary to use different tactics in PvP and co-op matches. Do not expect that using the same deck in completely different modes will help you achieve a positive result. PvP requires units that can destroy enemies as quickly as possible. In a cooperative match, more balanced decks will be appropriate, as both players must work together to survive.
- Do not expect that in co-op mode, the ally will be able to stand alone, as subsequent waves always get stronger.
- In any mode, you need to fill the board with characters as quickly as possible. This will take a little time, but will give you an idea of the subsequent merge strategy. It is advisable to unite the weakest units immediately, otherwise the player may not have enough damage to destroy the minions at the beginning of the game.
- You do not need to constantly use fusion, as the total damage of the squad will become weaker. You need to unite with full confidence in the fighting efficiency of the remaining characters.
Consider boss tactics
Rush Royale Beginner’s Guide – The game randomly chooses each boss
Against each boss, you need to use the appropriate strategy that will help avoid the loss of health:
- The Tamerand the Gorgon have very few abilities, so it is enough to put up the most powerful characters against them, who can very quickly deal with the enemy. Petrifying the Gorgon will add some difficulty to the player, however, she is vulnerable to debuffs and continuous damage.
- Bedlam‘s board randomization could potentially cost the player of the match as all characters will be completely redesigned. You should not use fusion on modified units, as this will significantly reduce the player’s combat capability.
- The Sorcererand the Tribunal are much more dangerous than the rest of the bosses. These powerful enemies can destroy useful player characters. Against them, it is advisable to use slowing and stunning units that can interrupt any abilities, so you need to think in advance about a starting deck that can cope with any boss.
Get free rewards
Rush Royale Newbie Guide – Battle Pass Page
There are several ways to get free rewards in Rush Royale: crystals, gold coins and cards, which can also be obtained from chests and the store:
- Get daily prizes. The player can collect free gems or free gold from the store every day. To do this, you need to log into the game every 8 hours to update it. This will allow you to receive 2-3 rewards in one day. You can also purchase new cards, but this is not recommended, since most of the standard characters will open in PvP. Do not forget to go to the settings to study the knowledge base, since the player is rewarded with a small amount of precious crystals for inspecting some notes.
- Complete daily and seasonal tasks. For the successful implementation of quests, the player is provided with chests from which you can get gold and new cards. This will help to significantly increase the progress in the game.
- Watch ads. For watching ten ads, the player is given access to the Mega Chest, from which you can get some gold and crystals.
Use a standard deck at a low arena rank
Rush Royale Beginner’s Guide – Use Balanced Character Combinations
Use the Engineer and Portal Keeper bunch in the starting arenas. To do this, you need to fill out the board and use the Portal Keeper to bring all the Engineers closer together for a bonus. This tactic is quite costly, so it is advisable to capture the Priestess in battle for additional mana.
Increasing the damage of Engineers only works if there are at least two Engineers nearby, so you need to start the merge only if there are four such units on the field. This tactic is aimed at quickly destroying single targets, therefore, for a balanced composition, you need to take characters with massive damage and control, for example, the Fire Mage and the Cold Mage.
In the second or third arena, you can use the standard characters: Archer, Poisoner, Lightning Mage, Fire Mage and Cold Mage. This deck is very good for low-level arena players. If there is already an Engineer in the collection of cards, then it is better to replace the Poisoner with him.
How to get legendary cards
Rush Royale Beginner’s Guide – Best Cards in the Upper Arenas
Legendary characters greatly enhance the capabilities of the player’s deck. There are several ways to help you get the coveted legendaries:
- Shop. If you have 40,000 coins, you can buy a legendary card in the store. To do this, you will have to save coins for a long time and wait for the unit to appear in the store.
- Legendary chest. The legendary card can be obtained from the legendary chest. The first card store will open when you reach 1950 arena cups, and the second at 3950. It is enough to progress in the game and move up the arena. Also, two chests can be obtained in a free seasonal pass: the first opens at level 53, and the second at level 103. To do this, complete daily and seasonal tasks to increase the progress of the pass.
- Other chests. With a small chance, access to the legendary map can be opened in seasonal or enchanted chests. To get the first one, you must join the league after reaching 4000 arena cups. At the end of the season, the player will receive a corresponding chest. An enchanted chest becomes available for every 1000 tokens, however, it has a very low probability of dropping a legendary unit.
- Crystals. The store sells Master and Master chests for premium crystals.
Use the best cards in your builds
Rush Royale Beginner’s Guide – The game features a wide variety of characters
At the moment, there are five non-legendary characters in the game that significantly enhance any player’s deck:
- Engineer. This card is used to deal a huge amount of damage. One of the must-have cards in medium arenas.
- Plague Doctor. An epic card that becomes available after reaching 1850 arena cups. This character uses poison that inflicts damage on all characters passing through the spilled liquid.
- Bombardier. Unlocks at 1650 arena trophies and is one of the best maps for co-op. This unit can help you at any stage of the game. He has the ability to stun bosses and monsters.
- Vampire. Another epic map that is unlocked in the fifth arena. The character bites the target and grants mana to the player. At maximum level, generates 10 units of mana.
- Sniper. A rare card that opens on 1,750 arena cups. This hero deals huge damage at maximum level. Can be used in any mode.