Rotary hammer. It is a tool much like a drill , but unlike a drill , it is used to drill concrete , slabs , floors, and other materials for which a drill is not powerful enough.
[ hide ]
- 1 Description
- 1 Includes
- 2 Use
- 3 Encastres
- 4 Types of rotary hammer
- 5 Sources
Rotary hammers, these are only powered by electrical energy, and their function, in addition to rotating their accessories, produce a percussion thanks to a reciprocating movement in their mechanism, which provides great versatility in countless tasks. The device has been designed to hammer drill concrete, rock and brick for chiselling work, always using the appropriate bit or chisel .
- 1 rotary hammer
- 2 chisels.
- 3 concrete bits.
- 1 depth stop.
The rotary hammer is ideal for heavy work that tends to be stronger and stronger. Its main function is to hit in such a way that, while moving back and forth, it also manages to screw the parts that are impossible by hand. They have different functions: rotary-hammer , chiseling and drilling .
It is important to pay attention to the perfect use of this tool , to avoid accidents or damage the tool.
- At the time of drilling, there is no need to press, as this would be achieved by damaging the drill bit .
- Drill diameter. This goes hand-in-hand with the force that can be placed on it. Therefore, it is necessary to adapt a good position, very firm, so that the force used is adequate at the time of performing a job.
- Caution when drilling. When drilling, it is important to allow the bit to cool without help, such as wateror other substances.
- At the end of use. Be careful, when you finish using the rotary hammer, that the dust does not enter because it could cause problems later.
- Recommendations for use: use hearing protectors and a dustmask . Depending on the material to be drilled, a large amount of dust and noise is generated. Have a suitable electrical installation. If we find an [[iron], for example when drilling a beam , keep in mind that this material will damage the bit or accessory that we are using (cup, for example).
- Recommendations for acquiring a rotary hammer: know the jobs for which it will be used. The power and type of rotary hammer to be purchased will depend on this. Currently there are rotary hammers with better coatings to prevent the ingress of dust into the motor, with anti-lock security (it is dangerous when it is blocked since it will screw our hands ), with double handles (important for better grip), and features that help decrease vibration and bounce. It is also interesting that the rotary hammer includes reverse gear, very useful when a bit or accessory is locked in. When acquiring the drill bit or cups, or the different accessories for the rotary hammer, the insert must be taken into account (it is not the same as that of a drill).
- SDS PLUS
- SDS MAX.
Types of rotary hammer
- Electronic rotary hammer. It is very useful for certain places with difficult access, be it wood, steel or even concrete. It has a change of up to 3 tips. Its weight is 3.9 kg.
- Rotary hammer TE. It is also a light toolfor its weight of 3.9 kg, which helps you have greater mobility for easier work. It allows drilling holes in bricks , floors and walls .
- New Generation Rotary Hammer. This model has the characteristics of the previous ones, but in addition to that it also screws and unscrews. In addition, for better care, it has a cooling option, which will help for its maintenance and long-term duration.
- Li-lon cordless rotary hammer. Its weight is 3.5 kg, which helps to do a better job without greater fatigue; and it makes all kinds of perforations on any surface.
- Battery rotary hammer. Its use is beneficial, in part, because working with this model, which has a dust removal system, helps to better visualization. It has a technologyof Lithium , which allows you to have more life work . Its weight is 4.9 kg.
- Combined rotary hammer. It is for professional use. It can be drilled from concrete to wood and metal. Unlike others, it also helps with chiselling and finishing work. It is very practical to have a tool that can do these three jobs. Despite its 4 kg, it is very light, and has very high power.