Right heart failure . Syndromic picture characterized by venous congestion in the systemic circulation due to failure of the right cavities ( right ventricle ). Clinically observed distention of the veins of the neck . Congestive hepatomegaly and lower limb edema.
[ hide ]
- 1 Demonstrations
- 2 Pathogenesis
- 1 Other causes
- 3 Sources
- General discomforts: fatigue, anorexia , nausea , vomiting , poor urine output , headache , insomnia , nightmare .
- Skin: sweaty , jaundiced, or sub- jaundiced (from liver congestion )
- Cardiovascular System: right ventricular ( beating heart at the bottom of the base left septal ), systolic murmur , precordial movement , momentum of the right ventricle along the left septal basis or in the xiphoid , abdominojugular test (elevation wave a and v).
- Peripheral vascular system: dilation of the neck veins , edema (hard and sometimes with cyanotic tint) in the periphery of the extremities, sacrum and genitalia , which can be generalized ( anasarca )
- Gastrointestinal system: weight gain ( water retention ), abdominal bloating ( ascites ), congestive hepatomegaly and splenomegaly .
In many occasions it is followed by right ventricular failure :
- Emphysema: Chronically
- Pulmonary hypertension: in chronic form.
- Pulmonary thromboembolism: acutely
- High sodium intake
- Infections ( rheumatic fever, can injure a right cavity valve )
- Decreased blood risk by an arteryor coronary branch watering that part of the heart muscle , resulting in ischemia or injury that area (if myocardial acute the infarction , necrosis of that area) recognized as an area hipoquinética or akinetic
- Constrictive pericarditis
- Pulmonary cor
- Tricuspid or pulmonary valve disease