A frequent customer is the person who buys regularly and repeatedly because he is satisfied with the goods and services offered by the company.
For every company, keeping the frequent customer is very important because they are customers that keep the sales level of the companies stable, as well as their income. In addition, companies know that it is cheaper to maintain loyal customers, than to look for new customers.
The marketing should focus on developing and especially retain customers that are profitable, it should be understood that a customer who is lost not only means losing a sale, but the loss of all future purchases.
Preserving these customers is a difficult task, since in most markets customers have a great abundance of offers from companies, products and brands. For this reason companies must focus all their marketing efforts to offer them a superior offer and thus achieve loyalty, maintaining their preference frequently and regularly.
Process to create a client
1. Focus on the target market
No company, however large and well positioned, can assume that you can sell your product to everyone, for them you must select your target market.
- With this step you can now orient your potential customers more appropriately, by doing a proper market research you will know what they need, what they buy, how they buy, where and when they buy these customers; This way you can identify the best customers.
2. Customer attraction through communication
You can use all the tools such as advertising , mail, telemarketing and any technological application that allows us to contact potential customers.
3. Customer rating
We must understand that not all potential customers are valuable, the really important thing is to find the best prospects and maximize efforts to get them to buy from us and become frequent customers.
- With this, a long-term commitment is achieved for companies to attend to these types of customers in a special way to retain them.
- This process may imply a high cost for the company, but this becomes insignificant if we consider the permanent profits that will be obtained from these customers.
4. Keep customers for life:
The most avant-garde and developed companies know that the most important thing is to keep customers for life, not just get new customers. These customers become safe and loyal customers for the company, so the company must give them adequate follow-up at all stages of the process.
- The probability that a customer will continue to buy us is related to the satisfaction obtained in their first shopping experience. But still a satisfied customer easily changes supplier or offeror if it offers greater satisfaction.
- Only if they are fascinated are they less likely to want to try another provider.
How to achieve customer loyalty?
1. Maintain a link with the client
This implies having direct contact with the client, but doing it properly so that the client does not feel invaded or harassed.
- One of the most common means to achieve this is using email, but now companies use CRM strategies in their different applications.
- In order to know their buying patterns and their behavior, this can make a better integration of sales strategies, marketing tools and customer service.
If you are offered unique and special benefits, we will ensure that the client is pleased, feels special and does not see the need to switch to the competition, maintaining the continuity of purchases with the company.
- In this aspect, VIP cards and special gifts are widely used.
3. Customization of products and services
Personalization makes the client feel part of the company, because it allows him to feel like someone important and very special to the company. Since the company does know its client well, it provides a personalized service and offer that individualizes the experience and the client feels very proud.
4. Brand positioning
The positioning of the brand is more important when we want to achieve the repurchase of products that are of lasting use, because as the demand is very spaced, it is more difficult to get the customer to return to buy, the same does not happen with perishable or disposable products .}
Finally, we must say that for a loyalty program to be successful it will depend on how well we know our consumers, because if we give them the incentives they expect and want they will be pleased with the delivery.
All companies try to implement programs to maintain the level of customer loyalty, since they have already become aware that the mistake has been that marketing has focused on attracting new customers. The focus is on retaining customers and turning them into loyal or loyal customers, based more on an exchange of relationships, not just transactions. That is why relationship marketing occupies a privileged place in modern and innovative companies.