Qualities of A Good Teacher Essay.This essay brings together each of the characteristics that teachers must possess and takes as an example an educator.All teachers are good learners in the eyes of their students. Marie F. Hassett noted that when talking about the quality of teaching of a teacher, the focus is on technical, content and presentation issues. But many people know that teachers who have extraordinary knowledge, but some fail to communicate well with their students. This kind of teacher on paper helper is very good at mastery in the subject area, but unfortunately students are bored or frustrated when receiving lessons from him.
Many people, including students, admit that good teaching is often less related to knowledge and skills than attitudes toward students, the material taught, and the work itself. Then, what are the characteristics that indicate a good teacher? This is not intended to mean that all of these characteristics must be fulfilled in their entirety. This is because many teachers who students consider to be very good have only a few dominant traits. The detailed characteristics presented here are only a selection of tools that will enable teachers to create and maintain connectivity in their classroom.
Good teachers have the following characteristics/Characteristics of a good teacher
- Have a sense of purpose
- Have hope of success for all students
- Tolerates ambiguity
- Demonstrates a willingness to adapt and change to meet student needs
- Feel uncomfortable if you don’t know
- Reflects commitment to their work
- Learn from various models
- Enjoy their work and students.
Ten Qualities of Good Teacher Learners/Qualities of A Good Teacher Essay
All teachers must be good teachers. If someone states that “one of my greatest goals is to become a teacher”, that person has the potential to be a good teacher. Such people usually have a mission to gain life experience through teaching others. This kind of person will avoid boring teacher behavior. We all know the teacher is categorized as good or bad when he sees him performing in class and outside of the classroom.
it is revealed that the Top 10 qualities of good learning teachers, which are not impossible, are very few who have them.
- Confidence or self-confidence. Good learner teachers still have confidence, even though they occasionally feel setbacks. Good learner teachers face all the situations and times that could be perceived as setbacks. Children can be cruel, both to their peers and to their teachers. They are unpleasant at times, especially teenagers.
There are also teachers who are nervous when teaching. Other teachers are shy and only half committed to their subject. But the best teachers laugh at their mistakes: tossing chalk or dropping books. Some teachers are confused and shrug, even though they continue the lesson, sometimes even messing around with jokes. Teachers know they are human and know their mistakes. They do not take too great a personal proportion and allow problems to upset them.
- Patience or patience. The best teachers can help students with mental disorders. It’s not that they have to, but they are so patient, even though it may no longer be Master’s main task. The best ones are those who are willing to go on explaining, knowing, and finally accepting that it makes sense. They are willing to wait until the interfering student has calmed down and has not left the lesson completely, whether the material is clear or needs reviewing. The best teachers don’t get caught up in it. They are willing to do what it takes, no matter how long it takes.
- True compassion for their studentsor have genuine affection for it. Perhaps students have encountered a bad teacher, who does not care what the student’s reasons for certain behavior are. Of course this has a reason, although not valid. The best teachers care about their students as individuals and want to help them. They have a sixth sense when students need extra attention and give it pleasure. They do not expect students to leave thoughts of the outside world at the doorsteps of the classroom. They take the time to discuss subjects outside of their teaching duties, knowing that sometimes lessons can still be taught without following the textbook. Good teachers are willing to talk to all students and other teachers, if necessary. They care about their students even outside the classroom walls.
- Understanding or understanding. Good learner teachers have a true prime understanding of how to teach. They have no rigid technique and insist on using it, so that it helps students learn fluently and easily. Good teachers are flexible in their teaching style and adapt to it every day, if they understand the small things that can have an impact on students’ ability to learn, such as the climate and atmosphere in the classroom. He has an understanding of the nature of the student and his development as a teenager. Good teachers know that their students do not like to be called “still children” with the connotation of “childish” in a “judged” manner. Students want their teachers to treat them as real people, not just “students”.
- The ability to look at life in a different way and to explain a topic in a different wayor the ability to see life in a different way and explain a topic in a different way. There are many different learning styles among students. Not all students can absorb the subject matter as taught by every teacher equally quickly. The teacher must give different treatment to different students. Good teachers do not use one method for all the subjects presented. Good teachers do teaching based on how their students learn, even though this is not an easy job. However, at least moving in that direction. The way teachers work may be of high value for some students, but fail for students. Good teachers are able to teach different learning styles. If students don’t understand a subject, they teach in a different way.
- Dedication to excellenceor dedication to excellence. Good teachers are dedicated and want the best from their students and themselves. They are not satisfied with their students ‘small grades, but devote themselves fully to their students’ abilities to excel. The best teachers encourage sharing of ideas and offer incentives, not having to do homework every day, to get students to think outside the school box. They do not tolerate other teachers badmouthing other teachers in front of students. They will do their best to show that other teachers are human too. They encourage students to be good people, not only good at remembering texts, but also understanding and being able to apply them. They want students to learn and be able to apply what they learn,
- Unwavering Support or steadfast in providing support. The best teachers know that every student can do well if they have the right teacher. They do not accept that students are the cause of failure of learning activities. They encourage frustrated students to excel and give students great confidence that they can understand the subject matter well. They stand fairly in the eyes of students, and do not praise one side and mock the other. Sometimes, they even extend their teaching time outside of class sessions, despite the taunts of other students in the hallways and it is indeed very difficult for the teacher to avoid. The best teachers are always there if they need extra help and encouragement.
- Willingness to help student achieve or willingness to help students achieve achievements. The best teachers are those who don’t automatically “stop teaching” when the bell rings. They hold additional sessions for the preparation of student achievement tests (TPS / SAT), and so they provide additional lessons for students after class sessions. They know that some things need extra attention or help. They don’t act on principle: it’s neither my job nor my job done. The teacher takes work seriously and knows that students not only aim to get a higher math score, but also how it will benefit life. They realize that student achievement is not only good grades on exams, but a sense of achievement by mastering the subject matter,
- Pride in student’s accomplishmentsor proud of student achievement. The best teachers are very proud of their students who get good grades or get respect from society. They smiled and told their students and society that he was doing a good job for the sake of his students. They tell other teachers how they do it too. On the outside she may still “feel ashamed”, but on the inside she is radiant. The best teachers celebrate success for the best students. They also celebrate the success of all students, knowing that all students are capable of doing their best according to their abilities. They are optimistic and positive, focusing on how students do their job well, not just paying attention to how well they teach.
- Passion for life or passionate to live. The best teachers are not only interested in their field of work, they are passionate about other things as well. They praised the good learning climate and smiled when being able to take a few minutes to discuss an episode from a television network. They have radiant energy and offer as much positive as possible. They face tasks as challenges, not routines. They took the “universe curve” ball and turned it into as fun as possible. They are human beings, but there is always a reason to keep students going.