Pneumatic riveting machines . Most of the industrial ones are usually very light and their air use is less than other types of riveting machines.
[ hide ]
- 1 Description
- 2 Parts of a pneumatic riveter
- 3 Types of pneumatic riveting machines
- 4 Source
A pneumatic riveter involves very strong pressure so that both pieces are coupled, if in any case it is desired to join pieces on both sides, a solid rivet is made , but if the piece will be joined to a solid side , it is called a blind rivet, since an additional piece for said operation is placed in the mouth of the riveter .
Parts of a pneumatic riveter
- Glass collects nails
- Countersunk nozzle
- Quick change nozzle
- Handle with insert
- Cycle counter
Types of pneumatic riveting machines
* Regarding pneumatic riveting machines, we can distinguish two main groups:
- Manual pneumatic riveting machines, which are those that we operate in a simple way and that are light since they are used by hand, there are different models, depending on the model, there are those that come with a nail collecting cup, a suction system for shanks, with used rivet counter, with cycle counter, etc. Also, depending on the model, the nozzles can be changed, which allows us to use rivets of different sizes, likewise, there are more efficient pneumatic riveting machines, since they use less air, on the other hand, depending on the manufacturer and the model, We will find riveting machines lighter than others, these types of riveting machines are of the industrial type.
- Pneumatic riveter for threaded inserts. It is one of the smallest models, weighs just over a kilo and a half, making it very light and easy to handle, the characteristic of this riveter is that it allows you to assemble a part automatically.
- Pneumatic impact riveter. They are riveting tools that, although very light, are also very resistant for the work to be carried out. They achieve depths of up to 12 ”.
- Benchriveters or foot riveters : they are larger and their weight can be up to 60 kg. They are also for industrial use and are not portable, as the name implies, they are generally subject to a work bench , or standing ones are attached to the floor, within this group of riveting machines, we find:
- Pneumatic riveter using radial metal deformation. Used for any type of assembly, its headmakes strong but soft rivets at the same time, which do not mistreat the fibers that are used.
- Pneumatic riveter using double metal radial deformation. It is a standard head version, its strength can be adjustable, as well as its speed, it has a hit counter.
- Pneumatic riveter for threaded hexagonal inserts. In its head it has a special area, which serves to convert the round hole, already made, into one of a hexagonalshape .