The productivity work in marketing is the result of optimizing the number of hours worked in each day or work project.
In short, execute the proposed work in the shortest possible time with a high degree of quality. It is also the relationship between what is produced and the means used to achieve it. Be more efficient in the office or in any other job. Therein lies the key.
Being more productive is not synonymous with working tirelessly. The objective is none other than to organize well, to screen the most important of the least important, to focus the effort towards that task and to pay full attention.
Only in this way can effective labor productivity be obtained. The marketing strategy of a company, brand or individual must prioritize the sale of the product or service in the best possible way, optimizing all available resources.
How to improve labor productivity
These would be the most outstanding options to achieve improvement in this regard:
- Planning. It is very important to know in advance the tasks that are going to be carried out so as not to improvise with the consequent waste of time.
- Beware of thieves of time. Constantly looking at email, social networks, messages, among other actions, can interrupt the time of concentration and work. Leave specific time for these tasks and avoid doing it constantly to improve daily productivity at work.
- Take some time. Resting between tasks, and taking time for a break is totally normal and will help you to air out and change actions with much more energy and concentration.
- Learn to delegate. If you have a business it is important to take this aspect into account to focus on the activities in which you are a specialist, and to be able to continue growing thanks to the action of delegating to other people to carry out various jobs.
Example of labor productivity in marketing
We can measure labor productivity through various parameters, for example in this case taking into account some of the indicators that are now shown:
- Customer satisfaction. We will obtain the results dividing the total number of clients served by the complaints or praise received.
- Measuring ROI. Or what is the same, the profitability of the investment made. It is calculated in this way: (Return-investment) x 100
- Acquisition rate. It is used to know the number of new clients in a specific period of time.
- Conversion rate. It is nothing other than knowing how many customers who have been interested in a product or service at a given moment, finally end up acquiring it.
Productive marketing tools
Take note of the following:
- To automate tasks: Hootsuite allows you to automate any publication of content on social networks.
- To work as a team: Google Drive allows you to share files with other users. Trello organizes the tasks as columns, stratifying them and prioritizing the most important ones.
Rewards obtained by improving labor productivity
These are some:
- New work projects can be assumed. The company or company grows, gets more benefits and reinvests them in new objectives.
- Comforting on a personal level. If tasks are completed earlier and better, more free time is available for leisure.
- Encourage creativity. By focusing effort on a task, you can give your best.