Luftal, whose active ingredient is dimethicone, is an oral remedy used to lower digestive tract gases and relieve abdominal pain and discomfort.Luftal can be purchased from pharmacies in the form of tablets, drops or gelatin capsules. Tablets and capsules can only be used in adults and drops, in addition to adults, can also be used in children.
The price of Luftal ranges between $ 11 and 18.
Luftal is indicated for patients with stomach and intestinal gas accumulation to relieve abdominal discomfort, pain or abdominal cramps due to gas. This medicine can also be used in the preparation of medical examinations such as digestive endoscopy or colonoscopy.
How to use Luftal
How Luftal is used varies according to its presentation:
- Adults: 1 40 mg tablet 3 times daily with meals, which should be swallowed with some water. Do not take more than 500 mg or 12 tablets of Luftal per day.
- Adults: 1 capsule of 100 mg 4 times a day, after meals and at bedtime, or as recommended by the doctor. No more than 500 mg or 4 capsules of Luftal per day should be taken.
The capsule of the medicine should be swallowed and not chewed.
- Infants: 3 to 5 drops, 3 times a day
- Children under 12: 5 to 10 drops, 3 times a day
- Children over 12 and adults: 13 drops 3 times a day
The drops can be placed directly in the mouth, or diluted with some water or other food.
Luftal Side Effects
Luftal side effects only include inflammation or allergy to the skin, as Luftal is not absorbed into the body, acting only on the digestive tract and being completely eliminated in the stool.
Luftal is contraindicated in patients with hypersensitivity to the components of the formula and in patients with large abdominal swelling, very severe abdominal cramps, abdominal pain lasting more than 36 hours and palpable mass in the abdomen.This medicine should not be used by pregnant or breastfeeding without medical advice