Dexclopheniramine maleate is an antihistamine drug widely used to treat skin allergy and other allergic reactions such as rhinitis or conjunctivitis, for example.Dexclopheniramine maleate may be purchased from the pharmacy under the trade name Polaramine in the form of dermatological cream, syrup or tablets, for example, and should only be used on the advice of a doctor or allergist.
The price of Polaramine can vary between 10 and 20 reais, depending on the form of presentation of the drug and its quantity.
Polaramine is indicated for the treatment of allergies, allergic rhinitis, urticaria, insect bites, allergic conjunctivitis, atopic dermatitis and allergic eczema.
Mode of use
How Polaramine is used depends on the form of presentation:
Apply Dexchlorpheniramine (Polaramine) in cream to the affected skin twice a day.
- Adults and children over 12 years: 5 ml 3 to 4 times a day, not exceeding 30 ml per day.
- Children 6 to 12 years old: 2.5 ml three times a day, not exceeding 15 ml per day.
- Children aged 2 to 6 years: 1.25 ml three times a day, not exceeding 15 ml per day.
- Adults and children over 12 years: 2 mg 3 to 4 times a day, not to exceed 12 mg a day.
- Children 6 to 11 years old: 1 mg every 4 or 6 hours and should not exceed 6 mg per day.
Major side effects include drowsiness, hives, itching, itching, chills, low blood pressure, headache, palpitations, loss of appetite, weakness, nervousness, heartburn, dizziness, tinnitus, and low blood pressure.
Polaramine is contraindicated for children under 2 years and patients with hypersensitivity to any component of the formula.