The indigenous art is one of the arts that most are taken into account when decorating a home, as deeply mark the culture and identity of individuals in a family or a nation, it has great history that make you have a extremely striking relevance for the population of all societies.
Egyptian art , Gothic art , Roman art , Byzantine art , medieval art , optical art , pop art , rock art , sacred art
What is indigenous art?
Indigenous art is also recognized as native art , since it encompasses all those works of art, sculptures and manufactures that could be called aboriginal in certain nations, is known worldwide as the art of peoples , due to the association that tends to have these with the identity and culture of the region to which they belong.
- Indigenous art in America
- Indigenous art in Africa
- Indigenous art in Oceania
Indigenous art in America
Mexican indigenous art
- Characteristics: most of the indigenous manifestations in this area are abstract and start from mosaics , like their native land, they are colorful and striking, eccentric, which makes this type of art extremely attractive to the public.
- Themes: generally the heritage of the indigenous peoples of this country manifested all that history through which they had once passed , in a calm and emphatic way , giving an air to these events of joy and liveliness, thus exalting the identity of the country .
- Painting: the painting of the indigenous people of this area was highly animated , these are reflected in what are the riches of the land and the worship of the gods that the natives serve , however, it becomes from that to a type of expression and a way to communicate with other people through their creations.
- Sculpture: The sculptures of these indigenous tribes went beyond just being that, they focused on being not only colorful , but also significant , even more than the paintings themselves, thus praising gods of all kinds , since in in some cases death was also specifically worshiped so that it would be at peace with the villagers .
- Architecture: in architecture this art is not very distinguished, however, it has successfully contributed to various architectures, giving it an artistic, happy and homely approach from any point of view.
Colombian indigenous art
- Characteristics: One of the most outstanding characteristics of Colombian indigenous art is that it focuses on being linear , it is a totality made up of lines in different directions that create a visual effect that, in addition to being hypnotizing, usually catches the viewer.
- Themes: Most of this art is centered and focused on the gods and the events that give rise to their lives , in this way they expressed themselves and also reflected their ability to make art.
- Painting, sculpture and architecture: in all the representations of indigenous art in Colombia you can see the lines and the vivid colors that intensify the experience of the observer, in the sculptures these lines began to have an ironic and confusing relief , giving the perception that Between each line is a literature that only the indigenous people of that area could have the ability to understand.
Venezuelan indigenous art
- Characteristics: the art of this area is extremely simple, however, it is its simplicity that characterizes it, although these manifestations began decades ago, they were never forgotten, they are currently preserved and people in the region admire it, even if it lacks sense.
- Themes: indigenous Venezuelans used art as a way to liberate themselves , for which reason, most of their art is full of fun and life , manifesting not the events, but focusing more on their emotions and some internal conflicts that could come to to have.
- Painting: the simplicity of this art stands out more in what is painting, so the manifestations that can be found will be extremely basic, canvases, stones and skins full of geometric figures, lines and meaningless words that for those indigenous people meant something, in their own language.
- Sculpture: in the sculpture based on ceramics and clay these indigenous people had more relevance, and to this day, they are their most precious creations by the Venezuelan population, their vessels, vases and containers stand out, which are used and are used to the time to decorate any type of environment.
- Architecture: in architecture these indigenous people, like others, did not obtain much relevance, however, the stilt houses that were built with wood and palm in their time captured a lot of attention and were extremely striking and interesting.
Indigenous art in Africa
- Characteristics: the indigenous art of Africa is deeply rooted in what are the Gods that dominate in that continent, in addition to this, it focuses a lot on what is its culture and agrarian development , however, there are differences between some areas from Africa and others when comparing the styles that are manifested in the various tribes.
- Themes: The themes on which African art focuses are very outstanding, this type of artistic manifestations are fertility, death, hunting, agriculture and spirituality , since in all the tribes of the area they focus on those areas, the most important for the participants of the tribes are these aspects, since it is part of the vitality and growth of any village.
- Painting: in none of the types of artistic manifestations found in Africa does one have a specific style of painting , however, these have a rustic and archaic air, generally expressing concerns and experiences about fertility and agriculture .
- Sculpture: in sculpture, although they did not have much experience, they subtly manifested their religious customs, their gods, their fighters and the heroes they had for the time, one way to commemorate them was that; until today they are preserved in museums or houses of culture, as relics full of the identity of the region.
- Architecture: architecture in African indigenous art was grotesque, however, that is what makes it so striking and eccentric to the eye, they were characterized by being made with wood, clay and some types of straw , however, on their walls They maintained the habit of making drawings that distinguished their home , its traditions or the history of its inhabitants.
Indigenous art in Oceania
- Characteristics: the styles and characteristics of indigenous art in Oceania vary according to the section or locality of the continent , thus distinguishing many deep-rooted and distinct cultural traits as well , which does not have a specific characteristic.
- Topics: indigenous art in this area focused more on what was the religion and the various rituals and worship of wealth and to their ancestors, to venerate and honor them in some way.
- Painting: in painting they specialized in making points, circles and some lines , in order to complement what was the final work, with a diversity of colors , they generally emphasized the powers of the sun on the earth and manifested the strength of the animals that surrounded the areas where these were located.
- Sculpture: in sculpture these were more abrupt and grotesque , since all that structure created more than anything in stone, characterized by being some of these semi-bodies with extremely large and relevant heads , or simply a rounded morphology , this type of sculpture They were used to manifest the power of the gods, also for rituals and to venerate the fallen or victorious fighters of the time, currently they are preserved for posterity, being distinguished as one of the most decorative elements on the continent.
- Architecture: the architecture that these indigenous people developed was generally characterized by its conical or geometric shapes , semi-triangle like the ceiling and a quadrangular base, these structures were built with parts of earth, mud and stones , creating strong and artistic foundations , put it in some way.