We use Windows 10 every day and you have probably noticed that suggested applications appear , curious data, tips … If you want to remove ads in Windows 10 you can do it, it is not mandatory to see it and you just have to go to the settings or options of the computer to solve it. You can change the settings and disable any type of ads.
Whether they are suggested applications or tips on the home screen, you can remove advertising in Windows 10 from the computer settings. It will take only a few minutes and you will end up with annoying messages that we do not need.
You can remove suggested applications and remove ads in Windows 10. Usually you will see that there are suggested applications in the Windows 10 Start Menu, suggestions that you do not have and that it recommends you to have. But it can be easily disabled from the settings to not see it anymore.
- Go to the Windows 10 Start Menu
- Hit the settings gear in the menu
- Tap on the “Personalization” option
- Go to the “Start” option
Here you will see a number of different options:
- Show more icons on Home
- Show app list in start menu
- Show recently added apps
- Show the most used applications
- Show suggestions occasionally on Start
- Use full screen Home
- Show recently opened items in Shortcut Lists or on Start or on the taskbar
Check and uncheck the castles to activate or deactivate. In case you want to remove advertising in Windows 10 from suggested applications, deactivate “Show suggestions occasionally on Start” so that they do not appear on the screen again.
Ads on the lock screen
It is also common for us to find ads on the lock screen, Microsoft programs that turn into Windows 10 ads when the computer is locked. It does not have to be annoying and we will hardly notice it in some cases but you can deactivate it from settings. Follow these steps:
- Go to the Windows start menu
- Click on the gear icon to access the options
- Access the Personalization section
- Tap on “Lock Screen”
Once in this section you will see the option “Background” along with a drop-down menu. And three available options that you can choose from:
- Windows featured content
Choose either of the last two options but don’t check “Selected Windows content.” Choose Image or Presentation and thus you will end this content when the computer is locked. It’s fast and it won’t take long.
Another thing Windows 10 does is show us advice that, in most cases, we have not asked. But luckily they can also be uninstalled if you are not interested in knowing how to get more out of the computer or the operating system. To do this, follow a few steps:
- Go to the Settings section
- Click on the “System” option
- Open the section “Notifications and actions”
You will see different options:
- Show notifications on the lock screen
- Show incoming VoIP calls and alerts on lock screen
- Show me the Windows welcome experience …
- Get tips, advice, and tips while using Windows
- Get notifications from apps and other senders
Activate or deactivate the one you want. To remove Windows 10 ads and tips from the Start screen, mark the “Get tips, tricks, and recommendations while using Windows” section as disabled. This information will no longer appear. If you want to have it again, just repeat the same steps.
Dynamic Blocks – Play and Explore
Although it is not advertising as such in Windows 10, it is useful to disable the dynamic icons or blocks from the menu and you can also do it from the start menu. Just tap on the block you want and follow a few steps:
- Tap on the block you want to make disappear
- Right click
- A menu or pop-up window will open
- Go to the section “More …”
- A series of options will open
- Tap on “Disable the dynamic icon”
How to get rid of all bloatware
A quick and fairly blunt way to prevent Windows from showing you unwanted ads and / or notifications is to get rid of all the applications that come pre-installed with the operating system by default, something known as “bloatware”. Some of these pre-installed applications are games like Candy Crush Saga or Minecraft that if you don’t use it, it’s silly to have them taking up space and sending you reminders or notices.
To delete these applications the procedure is as easy as going to the start menu list to search for them. When you have found them, click on the right button and press the uninstall option.