Welcome! If you just downloaded PrestaShop recently and you don’t know what to do to modify the footer copyright , then don’t worry, here we will tell you everything you need to know about it.Keep reading!
- What is PrestaShop?
- Steps to modify the footer or footer copyright of PrestaShop
- Modify the word ‘Prestashop’ and link to the official PrestaShop page
What is PrestaShop?
This platform works as an excellent content manager with which you can create your own virtual store from scratch. Without a doubt, it is a great help for all those who want to start in the field of trade.
In fact, since 2007 many businesses began to use this platform to trade physical or digital products, which is why today more than 300,000 stores rely on PrestaShop to manage their income.
We must also remind you that you can obtain this software for free. To do this, visit its official page and follow the steps shown in that section of PrestaShop.
PrestaShop will allow buyers to see in various options the products they have chosen to buy. Among them, we will show you some.
- This platform provides us with shipping options.
- Multiple rates
- Restrictions when sending shipments
- Helps us manage inventory
- It also allows us to perform reporting and analysis
- On the other hand, it includes multi-store and return management.
In total, PrestaShop includes more than 310 functions that will help you run your business without any problem. That is why it has become one of the platforms most used by most businesses for more than 10 years.
Steps to modify the footer or footer copyright of PrestaShop
Next we will show you the whole process that you must carry out to change the footer or footer copyright of PrestaShop . You simply have to follow each step to the letter, otherwise you will not be able to remove the phrase “2016 – Ecommerce software by PrestaShop” and the link that redirects us to the PrestaShop page.
Remove the word Ecommerce software by
Here you will see how to remove or edit the phrase ‘Ecommerce software by’ that appears in the caption quickly and easily. At once we anticipate that this process will not take you more than 10 minutes.
- First you have to go to the translations section; To do this, go to the ‘International’ tab. However, we remind you that in the menu you will see the word ‘International’ but it is a bad translation, since previously this tab was called ‘Localization’. It is something that developers need to fix in future releases.
- Once you have entered the ‘Translations’ tab, you must click on the ‘Modify translations’ option.
- Now you have to select ‘Types of translations’ and then ‘Translations of the topics’.
- Then click on ‘Select your theme’ and there you have to choose the default classic PrestaShop template.
- Then in the option ‘Select your language’ click on the option ‘Spanish’.
- To continue, in the translations panel you have to write in the search bar ‘Ecommerce software by’, and in the part of the results we will see a box where we can delete the word. At the end, press the ‘Save’ option.
- This is how you can easily remove the phrase ‘Ecommerce software by’ from the footer.
Modify the word ‘Prestashop’ and link to the official PrestaShop page
To continue with this brief guide, we will show you the steps you must follow to be able to modify the word ‘Prestashop’ and the link to the official PrestaShop page that appears in the footer.
- Then, you have to go to the following file: /themes/classic/templates/_partials/footer.tpl and there we will see a code in which we must change the link to the official PrestaShop page for any other that we want.
- Now, to remove the word ‘PrestaShop’ you must search in the same code for the word ‘PrestaShop ™’ and type ‘newWord ™’.
- This is how you can modify both the link that appears in the image that you have edited with PrestaShop
That’s all for today! If the information in this post has been useful to you, remember to share it with all your contacts through the most popular social networks so that they learn how to get the most out of it.