How to go live on TikTok.Have you been using the TikTok app for some time but still don’t fully understand how to do live on TikTok ? If you already have a good following on this social network and sharing your 15 second clips is generating a good result, it’s time to focus on how to do live on TikTok.The TikTok live will allow you to create live video and exploit the full potential of the social network of the moment. If used well, you can get more followers and maybe start selling on TikTok .
Everything you need to know How to go live on TikTok
Before revealing how to proceed in detail, it is important that you know that direct streaming on TikTok is only allowed to popular tik tokers. Unlike Instagram where everyone can take live video live, TikTok users must have at least 1,000 followers .
The steps to do live on TikTok are really simple and fast, if you are already an experienced or novice tik tokers, you should still have no problems applying the information below.
- Launch the TikTok app on your Android or iOS smartphone to log into your account .
- Tap on the (+)button , bottom center.
- In the screen where you turn the videos, press the LIVE option , at the bottom right next to the Video button .
- Give a title accompanied by a short caption to capture the interest of your followers.
- When entering the title, always pay attention to the warnings regarding the use of terms not accepted by the social network.
- Click on Go Live and wait for the countdown to finish to start talking.
In case you haven’t yet managed to reach the 1,000 followers threshold to start live broadcasts on TikTok, this guide on how to get more followers on TikTok might be useful . Also to increase your popularity I also recommend how to become famous on TikTok .
How to watch live on TikTok
Before throwing yourself into live on TikTok, it’s always good to take a look at the lives of other influencers or musers and try to take a cue from their entertainment skills. Let’s see how to see live on TikTok and how to receive live notifications from Followed profiles.
Push notifications for recommended Live broadcasts can be set on the TikTok app . Tap on the Me icon and go to Settings and privacy (icon with the three dots, top right). In the menu that appears select Notifications Push . Scroll to the LIVE section and go to LIVE notification settings . In this screen you can decide to receive LIVE notifications of all the accounts you follow or indicate which account to receive notifications from.
By selecting one, a window will appear where you can select one of the following items:
- Receive all LIVE notifications.
- Receive recommended live notifications (set automatically by the app)
- Turn off LIVE notifications.
Of course, if you always want to be notified when one of your followers is In Live, I suggest you check the item: Receive all LIVE notifications .
Other ways to go live on TikTok and follow your favorites are:
- In the For yousection of the main screen, scrolling through the videos you can find the LIVE videos of the recommended users. The In Live box, at the bottom left, indicates that the user is broadcasting live video.
- By pressing the Incomingicon , at the bottom, in the All activities section, you can see if there is someone among the Followers who is doing a Live and press the Watch button .
- Again icon Incoming, in the section all activities , you can view the best LIVE by pressing the button Watch .
How to do a live on Tik Tok without having 1000 followers
To date, unfortunately, it is not possible to do live on TikTok without having reached at least 1000 followers. The developers of the Chinese app of the moment, given the global success, could decide in the future to remove this threshold to allow everyone a greater usability of TikTok Live.
TikTok also allows you to do double live (also called Shared Live) by sending a request to your friend, who must necessarily be online.
- Start the TikTok app and press the (+)button , at the bottom center, on the main screen.
- In the screen where you turn the videos, press the LIVEoption , at the bottom right next to the Video button .
- Click on the pink and blue circlesat the bottom left
- Start directing with your friend by pressing the Invitebutton .
How to do a successful live on TikTok
Here are some short and useful tips to make a successful live social.
- Camera: a top-of-the-range smartphone is fine to get quality footage. But remember, professionals use cameras that automatically connect to the Internet or have an HDMI output.
- Connection: Before starting a live, make sure you have a good connection to the Internet. Ideal for transmitting in high quality and without blocks and relying on a Wi-Fi network.
- Microphone:A good microphone will help you broadcast your lives and avoid latency or audio loss. I recommend this guide on the best microphones for streaming .
- Tripod: Want to avoid blurry or flickering footage? Then it is the case to get a compact tripod for devices, in order to have your hands free and move with ease. Alternatively, for those on a budget, you can take advantage of a selfie stick.
- Light: Lighting is key. Try to have the right light to transmit: one on you, one behind you and one opposite. Always do some texts before starting a live broadcast. Broadcasting a video in low light will prompt users to leave your live.
- Ladder: always prepare something to follow, as if it were a script, but also leaving room for improvisation and spontaneity-
- Originality:going live on TikTok by creating original videos you will have the opportunity to enter the special section of recommended, namely For You. If you post short videos made with originality, spontaneity and the right technique, you will be immediately found by a high number of users and you can increase your followers in no time.
- Choose a time: analyze the insights of your page and after a careful study, choose the most suitable time to broadcast in order to involve as many users as possible.
- Interact with those who follow you: in addition to reading and answering questions, you greet your followers and maybe call them by name, creating a horizontal communication.
- Create anticipation: try to arouse curiosity among your audience with a preliminary advertisement that reveals very little of what your live broadcast will be.