How to improve English,this is the question which is being researched globally.English is spoken more than 1/3 of the Earth’s population and dominated by a lot of people almost all over the world. There are some things that must be known in order to learn English more effectively.
International language should learn as soon as possible. It is a gateway to improve the mastery of science and technology. Most of the knowledge of science has been complied in English language in today’s world.Someone who has the English skills have more value and opportunity to develop his career up to the international level.
How to Start Learning English?
Some people may feel confused when they want to start learning English. Some questions such as “How should I start learning?”, “I wonder what it used to be learned?”, Or “English courses like what is it best for me?”To be able to answer these questions, you should know what exactly would you like to learn about English.
Motivation is different, depending Also Creative Learning was
There is some motivation behind a person learning English, among which are:
- Need to go to English-speaking countries because they have friends there. For this kind of motivation, learning materials are usually more focused on simple conversations for to support daily communication needs.
Formal requirement, such as to support English language skills in school or to meet the educational requirements / job requires a person taking the test language at a certain level, such as TOEFL, IELTS, and the like.
10 Best Practices For How To Improve English
Define Target and Create Learning Agenda
- If it is clear motivations, you must start to make the target and regulate learning streamlines. You can ask for an English teacher to set these things.For example, if you are a worker and within three months had to go abroad, you can follow the conversation classes were held in the afternoon or evening.
- To support the needs of education, it would be nice if you enroll in a language course institution. There you can get a more conceptual learning materials with the target and method / approach is more structured.
- For optimal results, do not forget to follow the placement test or a placement test to determine your level of English, whether at the level of basic (basic), intermediate (medium), or advance (continued). The results of these tests will be used to put you in the appropriate class, with learning materials that match the abilities and needs.
- Specifically to enhance the self-actualization behavior, you can manage the time to learn. you can search for teaching materials from a variety of sources, such as: reading literature in English in the library, join the club language, following the discussion in the group in English, watching movies in English, to seek tandem foreign speakers in cyberspace.
Recognize Aspects of English Language Ability To Learned
- Perfection of English language involves four aspects of language, namely listening skills (listening skills), speaking skills ( speaking skills ), reading skills ( reading skills ), and writing skills ( writing skills ).
- These skills are related to each other. For example, you should be able to listen and understand a conversation prior to utter or pass it back to someone else, or you should be able to read and understand an English text first before being able to write well.
- Fourth of language skills can be developed optimally by performing some specialized training. Here’s the description:.
Listening or Listening Skills Skill
Listening skills are basic aspects of the language that is receptive and primitive. Just as children learn English by listening and listening to the words in the environment.
Not just listening, learning English through the process of hearing and listening are able to develop several skills such as:
- It saves the language elements in the short-term memory (short term memory).
- Distinguish sounds, given the form of pronunciation, and distinguish the meaning of language.
- Observing forms of intonation, stress the word, to the reduction of word formation.
- Getting to know the shape of the specific words or word orders typical pattern.
- Coaching classes distinguish words or grammatical word classes.
- Detect a keyword, helping to identify a topic or idea in a conversation, and guess its meaning contextually.
- Help detect sentence elements such as subject, predicate, object, conjunction or conjunctions, prepositions, and other sentence elements.Some things you can do to improve listening skills, through both interactive and non-interactive situations:
- Have a conversation face to face, including listening to the material in the classroom, to the seminar or workshop in English.
- Communicating by telephone in English.
- Listening to radio broadcasts or podcasts (radio application) in English.
- Listening to songs in English.
- Watching a movie or show in English that do not have a subtitle in Indonesian.
- Following a discussion forum in English.
- Utilizing audio learning programs available in libraries or other sources that can be downloaded for free at internet.It serves a wide variety of training, such as:
- Listening activities and worksheets
- Listening exercises with transcript, notes, and questions
- English listening practice and suitable for any level of English
- Recording of famous poems and speeches
- Funny & simple stories in mp3 / mp4 format
- Song, lyrics, and worksheets
- Short videos and clips, Including subtitle, and quizzes
- Listening & vocabulary material in context
Speech or Speaking Skill
Speaking skill is the diversity of language that is productive. The ability to speak is recognized with the ability to Pronounce. With the correct pronunciation, sound and meaning of words will be understood better.
For to improve speaking skills are There are some methods:
- Sound pronounce words correctly so that the listener can discern and interpret the words spoken.
- Put pressure right words and intonation so that the other person can understand the content and conversation with the situation well.
- Select and sort the words correctly in sentences.
- Using a variety of language appropriate to the situation existing communications.
- Striving for the arrival of the main idea (main sentence constituent) clearly.
- Striving for harmony sentence with a link discourse that is easy to follow. Some exercises that can improve the ability to speak, including trains pronunciation or pronunciation in English, are:
- Practicing talking to myself every day, could begin by reading a text and voice hardened, to rehearse monologues.
- To communicate face to face, either in the form of participation in classes, seminars or individual tandem (better if the interlocutor is a native speaker).
- Have a conversation via telephone or video call.
- Singing songs with poetry in English.
- Following a club or class discussion language English.
- Learn and memorize English idioms that are often used in everyday life.
One more aspect of receptive language skills is to read. The ability of this board diversity can be developed separately from the skills of listening and speaking, because literacy skills requires more complex micro skills, such as:
- Know and master the vocabulary as much as possible.
- Practicing locate and identify key words that became the subject or the main idea in each sentence or paragraph.
- Getting to know the class of words, grammatical structure, and identify the constituents in a sentence, such as subject, predicate, object, and prepositions. It is important to understand sentence construction, so that it can be used to draw conclusions.
- Linking knowledge from outside the lexical context that is in reading.
- Learn reading strategies to find the main ideas or details that vary according to need, such as skimming strategy.
- The things that can be done to develop the ability to read and enrich the vocabulary is:
- Read every day, no matter what the reading. Starting from a children’s book that is simple, newspapers, magazines, Internet websites, novels, and much more. Try to read the topics favored, because learning it would be better if you feel happy.
- Read the appropriate reading ability levels so that you do not feel overwhelmed, especially if you have to find the meaning word for word. No need to worry if only to understand the passage globally as a bit much you have learned to understand a context reading.
- Make a special note for words or new idiom that you find. If possible, write meaning use their own language to make it easier to understand. Try to make such records alphabetically for easy retrieval if at any time you need it.
Do not forget to always put the English dictionary by your side.
To practice understanding, make a review of the texts have been read, such as:
- Who is it about?
- What happened?
- Why did it happen?
- Where did it take place? or
- When did it take place?
It is important to help you understand the reading comprehensively and trained to answer either orally or in writing.
Interesting Facts I Bet You Never Knew About HOW TO IMPROVE ENGLISH
Writing ability or Writing Skill
Writing is productive. writing ability is the most complicated aspect because the process is not just copying the words, but the main ideas and are inserted into sentences with a certain structure and writing conventions.
Special exercises that can be done to get the ability of English writing can be done in several ways, among which are:
- Writing every day, such as writing agenda, diary, blog or even status on social media in English.
- Looking for pen pals native speakers and to communicate via chat or e-mail in English.
- Make text resumes, books, or any other reading that has been read into the English language.