Sometimes you have heard something about formatting your mobile or doing a hard reset , for some recommendation or any other reason. But has someone explained to you how to achieve this? Well, you have come to the perfect place, here you will find some useful information, so that you can do these procedures that seemed so complicated yourself.
- At what point should we format our mobile phone?
- What are the benefits of restoring our mobile device to factory data?
- What should we do before formatting our cell phone?
- How can I restore an Android cell phone to factory format?
- From settings
- With Recovery
- Procedure to format your iPhone device easily
- How can I format a phone that is locked?
- Is it possible to restore a cell phone that is turned off to factory data?
At what point should we format our mobile phone?
Perhaps more than once they have recommended you to format your mobile whether you are an iOS or Android user, since this is a way to solve some frequent problems; Restoring your cell phone may sound radical, but yes, this is the way to put an end to many problems, but when is it more convenient to do it?
Remember that formatting is always a last resort solution , as doing so will lose all of your phone information.
Basically, the cell phone will be as if it were from the factory, so here we will inform you a little about this, so that you know what cases and problems on your mobile it would be more convenient to format. These are some of the situations in which it is necessary to format your cell phone:
- Viruses and malware, these are two of the most common, the mobile is always in constant threat of these, if you cannot discover where they are hiding and continue to wreak havoc, you will have to restore your mobile.
- If you buy a second-hand cell phone, this is highly recommended, since you don’t know what information the cell phone still keeps from the previous owner.
- Also, if you are going to sell or give away your used cell phone, it is best that you do this, so you would not hand it over by mistake with some important personal information; Today’s mobile is the one that carries your daily life, keys, photographs and many other things, remember that.
- If you are going to install a ROM or modify the system, this is something that many Android users choose to do, perhaps you have already entered the world of ROMs, root or system customizations, if it is true, you know that formatting the cell phone is a primary step for it to be a clean installation.
- Also in the opposite case, if you want to unroot, for this you only have to format so that the mobile returns to the factory format.
- Battery problems, sometimes a battery failure is not only due to it being damaged, it can also be a software problem, before spending money on a new battery, you should try to format the mobile.
- Another case is that the storage is full, this causes the mobile not to work as it should.
- If you forget the unlock codeor need to remove the security code, the only possible way to use the mobile again will be to restore it to its factory format.
What are the benefits of restoring our mobile device to factory data?
The restore data from your phone to factory can bring very positive benefits, this action leaves it in a clean state of all useless information; We would leave it in the state in which we acquired it, so your mobile would have more space without those junk files, and would work in optimal conditions.
An advantage would also be the fact that we will be able to eliminate any possible threat from the mobile phone , in addition to solving various problems that it is acquiring with daily use; If your cell phone was not working correctly, this action will easily correct it. For this reason, formatting when our mobile does not work correctly is highly recommended.
What should we do before formatting our cell phone?
Well, we have already talked about how good a formatting is and why your cell phone might need it, but what should we pay attention to before doing this? As we have already said, a format would erase all the information on the cell phone and restoring this information would be complicated, what you should do is save what is of interest to you elsewhere before doing this. Here I will give you some tips on what to do before formatting:
- Check the backup copies of WhatsApp, to see if they are in order and to be able to restore them as soon as we start to configure the mobile.
- If we have an SD card, check that all your photos are on it, so they will remain safe and will not be lost.
- Make a copy of the data that is not on the SD card, such as the downloads folder or any other that you want to preserve.
- You can also make a backup of an application and its settings, a favorite game or keyboards that save and make predictions of our particular phrases.
- Save your contacts in your Gmail account, this is a very useful option that this offers us.
- Another thing you should do is unlink the Gmail account before formatting, to avoid future inconveniences.
- Have your phone sufficiently charged, and keep the charger connected during formatting.
- You can take a screenshot of your application menu and your settings, so it will be much easier to have your mobile again as you like the most.
- Have a stable internet connection, as this process requires downloading a lot of data and applications.
How can I restore an Android cell phone to factory format?
The formatting process is possible on any Android cell phone , no matter what customization it has, it will always be possible to do it easily. Here we will leave you a small explanation of how to achieve it.
Remember that before doing this procedure, make backup copies of the most relevant so as not to lose this information, and keep your cell phone with enough charge, after this you are ready to start.
It is very easy to format your Android mobile through the settings, as it is the most intuitive method, you just have to follow these steps:
- Find and open your cell phone settings.
- Enter systems configuration.
- Press ‘recovery options’.
- You will see the option ‘delete data’, click on it.
- It will ask you a second time if you want to proceed with the restoration, if you are sure that if you want to proceed, accept or press ‘delete all’ and that’s it, you just have to wait.
This mode, as its name in English indicates, was incorporated into modern cell phones to recover the conditions in case of a serious failure in your cell phone, formatting your mobile in recovery mode can be considered as a last resort action, how to access it Mode varies depending on the brand of your mobile, as well as what you can do in this mode.
Procedure to format your iPhone device easily
Now how can you format an iPhone , as you already know these use the iOS system, and you think it must be complicated, but nothing is further from reality, there are two ways to restore your iPhone, from the mobile settings and through iTunes.
From the settings of your iPhone, as in Android devices, it includes a simple and fast method, just follow these simple steps:
- Go to Settings, click on ‘General’.
- Look at the bottom and hit ‘Reset’.
- Now click on ‘Delete content and Settings’.
- Then it will ask for the Apple ID unlock codeor password .
- Wait for it to finish and that’s it.
In this way, your iPhone will be restored to its factory format, in just 6 simple steps. Now to do a formatting by iTunes , it is a little more complicated, do these steps with the help of your computer:
- Go to iTunes, update it if necessary.
- Connect your mobile to your computer.
- Now the iPhone icon should appear, click on it.
- Find where it says ‘Summary’ enter there and click ‘Restore iPhone’.
- It will ask you to confirm the action, accept it by pressing ‘Restore’ again.
- Wait a few minutes for the restore to complete.
In the case that your computer is Mac, you will have to use the Finder and follow these same steps on it, since the iTunes service is not available on Mac.
How can I format a phone that is locked?
In these cases, when you forgot the password of your cell phone and you cannot unlock it, you will need to do a formatting, but how to do this if I cannot enter the cell phone? There are two ways to achieve it, manually by doing a Hard Reset through the recovery mode, or do a format through your computer .
As we have seen previously, entering recovery mode to do a manual reset varies depending on the brand of your mobile.
Doing this procedure will cause us to lose all of our information, and recovering most of it can be very complicated as you may already know, but it is a small price to pay to use your mobile again.
Is it possible to restore a cell phone that is turned off to factory data?
This if possible, everything will depend on the brand and model of your mobile , and if you are an Android or iOS user, in the case of an Android mobile you can always do a hard reset, that is, restore it completely to its factory version, If you do not know how to make your cell phone enter this mode to start the reset, just inquire into the specifications of the model
Now iOS devices are recognized for being very stable thanks to their system, but in case of an unexpected failure you can always do a soft reset, this will only cause the device to restart if it is slow or freezes; It is also possible to do a hard reset through the configurations, this in an extreme case.