Surely many of us have had a problem generated from the Windows system error report and we do not know what to do. In this article we will explain better what functions this system has and if you choose to deactivate it, how you can do it quickly and easily.
How does the Windows 10 error reporting service work
This service is specially designed to discover errors or diagnose hardware and software problems from your computer and send this error report. In addition, it has a data of multiple complaints from Windows 10 users, which makes Microsoft can send solutions more easily.
This service acts automatically after a system failure has occurred . It can be noticed since pop-up windows are displayed on the screen as a kind of an alarm to warn you of a problem.
Windows gives you the opportunity to submit these error reports via the internet to find a possible solution. And you can specify the error by adding details like the name of the program, the version it has, and up to the date and time.
Although it is a good thing that Windows informs you of the errors to fix them, this is annoying to many users and they disable this tool. There may also be people who turn it off due to your disk space or privacy.
However, this tool is quite useful as submitting bug reports to Microsoft is of great help. We say this since these reports will make Microsoft collect all that information and thus launch better services. Despite everything, many choose to deactivate this service, and if this is your case, we will teach you how to do it step by step.
How to disable Windows 10 error reporting service?
The Windows operating system has a graphical interface that allows you to disable the error service, but in Windows 10 it is slightly different. Normally this interface is found in Action Center Settings, however, in Windows 10 it is found in Security and Maintenance.
There are two ways to deactivate this service and we are going to show you. The first is using commands, to do it follow these simple steps:
- The first thing you should do is type the following command Windows + R that will take you directly to the Run window.
- Within this window, you must write the following command service.msc in the box
- Now go to Windows Error Reporting Service and click on it with the right button of your mouse.
- Locate the Startup types option and open the drop-down menu list on the right.
- Within the list you must locate the Disabled option that is at the end. Then click OK or Apply so that the changes can be made successfully.
- To conclude, you just have to close the window and voila, the changes will be applied.
For the second way to disable error reporting, we will use the Registry Editor. This method is very safe and also includes modifying the registry, but to do so, you need to check for a problem with the error report. The steps to follow are those:
- The first thing you should do is locate the Control Panel from Windows startup.
- Click on it and go to the option System and security and then Security and maintenance.
- You must be aware of the problems of the reports that are displayed by default in On mode.
Once we have verified that there is no problem with the error report, we will proceed with the steps to follow for deactivation.
- The first thing you should do is locate the Registry Editor
- Go to the right of the window and click the registry key in dialog box.
- Now you must click on Disabled and a dialog box will be displayed where you will have to replace 0 with 1
- If there is no value then you will have to create one with the name Disabled.
- It is time to set the new 32-bit DWORD value
- To conclude, you just have to click OK and the changes should be saved.
If you want to continue learning more about the possible solution of errors in Windows 10, I invite you to read the following article that explains in detail how to solve the error this application cannot be opened in Windows 10.