You are using your Windows Media player and suddenly you get a message, notifying you that an error has occurred in the server execution . How do you solve this fault? Easy, in this guide we will present you some alternatives to solve the error in the server execution in Windows 10.
It is understood that we all love to use Windows Media to add lyrics and images to songs , but like any system, it has flaws. Therefore, below we will be showing you which are the most prominent methods to solve the error in the execution of the server in Windows 10.
- Fix server runtime error in Windows 10 with CMD
- Fix server runtime error by checking network sharing service
- Fix the server runtime error by reinstalling Windows Media
Fix server runtime error in Windows 10 with CMD
The CMD command prompt is very useful when remedying some faults that our PC programs may present. In this case, we will explain how to use CMD to solve the server runtime error in Windows 10 in a few steps.
- First, we go to the Windows search engine, which is located on the taskbar.
- Then we put the word “Command Prompt”.
- When it appears, we select “Run as administrator”.
- Now copy in the following commands one by one.
- ” exe jscript.dll“.
- ” exe vbscript.dll“.
- From “OK” to each command.
- And finally, go to Windows Media to verify that the error has been fixed.
Fix server runtime error by checking network sharing service
It is important that we check the network sharing service , because if it is damaged, it can throw us the playback error . Therefore, to fix the Windows 10 server runtime error, we must take the following steps to remedy the error.
- First, let’s enter the “Command Prompt” window.
- Then put the following command:
- ” msc.“.
- Then select “OK”.
- You will get a window with several options from which you will double click on “Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service”.
- A tab will appear with the name of “Properties”.
- If it is running, select “Stop”.
- In the “Startup type” option set it to “Automatic”.
- Then select “Start” and restart the service.
Fix other bugs in the network sharing service
In case you get other errors in the network sharing service, you will need to follow the steps below to fix them.
- Go to the “Properties” tab of the Windows Media Player network sharing service.
- Now select “Login”.
- Where it says “This account” → “Network service” → “Browse”.
- Select the “Browse” option.
- Then you will get a “Select User” tab.
- Where it says ” Enter the object name to select“.
- You must enter the name of your computer and press “Check name”.
- Wait a few seconds while the program verifies the information.
- Then select “OK” when verification is complete.
- In the password box, enter the administrator password.
- And voila, you will have solved the faults.
Fix the server runtime error by reinstalling Windows Media
You can download or update Windows Media to the latest version and install it again to fix the server runtime error.
- First open the “CMD Server Symbol” window with user privileges.
- Then enter the following command:
- “Control Panel”.
- When entering the control panel, select “Program, uninstall a program”.
- Now select the option “Turn Windows features on or off”.
- In the new tab choose the option “Multimedia Features”.
- From the list, select “Windows Media Player”.
- A confirmation tab will appear, select “OK”.
- Then restart the PC to confirm the operation.
- Go to the program files and delete the “Windows Media Player” sub-folder.
- Go back to Control Panel → uninstall program → enable or disable Windows features → Windows Media Player.
- And check the box next to the name of Windows Media Player.
- From that moment on, Windows Media Player will be reinstalled, already updated.
- Finally, you must restart your computer and enter Windows Media Player again.
That’s it for today, we hope that any of these steps will help you to fix the error in the server execution in Windows 10.