- Mount and Blade is a series of open world action / role-playing games available on Steam with historical and fictional stories.
- To quickly fix this problem, make sure your game is genuine and follow the methods below.
- If you want to always be up to date with the latest news on this domain, please bookmark our detailed Game Center.
- For more detailed information on Steam games, visit our dedicated Steam webpage.
Mount and Blade is a series of open world action / RPG games available on Steam with historical and fictional settings and strategic and tactical medieval combat.
One of the most common crash errors that people stumble upon is the runtime error. Most people think that this error is caused by installing the mod, but this is a common error that can occur for a variety of reasons. Because of this, the specific solution to this error will vary.
The most common reason for this error to appear is if you have a pirated version of the Mount and Blade game. The steps in this guide will also solve this problem. Keep reading to know more.
- How do I fix the Mount and Blade runtime error?
- Create a Steam account
- Buy Mount and Blade from Steam
- Modify the game launcher settings
- FAQ: Learn more about Mount and Blade
How do I fix the Mount and Blade runtime error?
1. Create a Steam account
- Create a new Steam account by downloading and installing the Steam app.
- Click the Create a New Account… button on the Steam login page and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Make sure to use a valid email so that you can confirm the account and finish the setup.
- After completing these steps (or logging in if you already had an account), follow the next step.
2. Buy Mount and Blade from Steam
- Open Steam and find your Mount and Blade game.
- Click the buy button for the game.
- Choose from the various payment options available ( credit card, Paypal, Steam wallet ).
- Enter your credentials to continue with the purchase process.
- Now you can go to your library to start downloading your game.
3. Modify the game launcher settings
- Start the game.
- Click Configure to enter settings.
- Go to the Video tab and disable or enable Load textures on demand .
- Head over to the Advanced tab and enable or disable Force Single Threading .
This is the easiest way to fix the runtime error. By enabling Load Textures on Demand and Force Single Threading, you will most likely resolve the runtime error and get your game back to playing without issue.
If you find this guide helpful, feel free to contact us by leaving a comment in the section below this article.
FAQ: Learn more about Mount and Blade
- How to install Mount and Blade mods?
Download the mod you want to install, extract the files, copy the extracted files into the Warband Modules folder. Once done, simply launch Mount and Blade: Warband and check the Modules drop-down box for the mod you installed.
- What is the best mod for Mount and Blade Warband?
Pendor’s Prophecy is commonly known as PoP and is one of the best known mods. That being said, the Vendor’s Prophecy is also really difficult and not recommended for new players.
- Mount and Blade is a gamer?
Yes, Mount and Blade is designed for single player play, but it offers a large open world open space map that allows you to interact with other users.