Reminders is a very thoughtful app for your iPhone that can turn out to be a lifesaver when you get into the habit of forgetting meetings and other important events like birthdays and anniversaries.
The reminders app has got a wonderful feature called ‘Tags’ which allows you to sort reminders according to the tags attached to them. However, several users have reported that the Apple Reminders app is not working properly after upgrading to iOS 15.
Also read: How to tag reminders on iOS 15
Image source: iPhoneLife
If you’re also having trouble with the Apple Reminders app, don’t worry!
Follow the guide below to troubleshoot the Reminders app. So, without wasting any time, let’s get started.
Turn on notifications for the Reminders app on iPhone
There may be a scenario where you may have mistakenly disabled notifications from the Reminders app. That’s why you think the reminder app isn’t working. Therefore, it is important to ensure that notifications are enabled here:
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone and tap the notifications menu.
- Here, tap Reminders and make sure to enable ‘Allow Notifications’ and Enable All Alerts under ‘Alerts’.
- Also, tap the Sounds menu and make sure you have selected any tone here.
Restart your iPhone
Once you’ve enabled notifications and ensured that the Reminders app is still not working, you should try restarting your iPhone to fix any temporary crashes. It is a common scenario that some device crashes occur due to regular use without turning off the iPhone.
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone and then General > Shutdown.
- Wait a minute and turn iPhone back on.
Also read: SharePlay not working on iOS 15? Try these fixes
Enable and disable reminders in iCloud settings
Apple syncs Reminders across all Apple devices using iCloud. Although it works well, sometimes temporary bugs can create problems and make it difficult for iCloud to work properly. But these issues can be fixed by disabling iCloud and turning it back on. So let’s try enabling and disabling Reminders in iCloud through the Settings app. See how to do it:
- Go to the Settings app and tap your business card. You will find it at the top.
- Next Tap iCloud and turn off the toggle button next to the Reminders app.
- Finally, tap the Delete from my iPhone option.
- Wait at least 30 seconds and enable toggle again.
- iCloud will now sync reminders to your iPhone.
Remove the Reminders widget
Some people have reported that the Reminders app is creating problems in the proper functioning of the Reminders app. They also specified that removing the Reminders widget helped Reminders work properly on the iPhone. So let’s try removing the widget from the reminders app.
- Open the iPhone home screen and keep swiping to the right until the screen farthest to the right opens.
- Now scroll down and choose the Edit option.
- Look for the Reminders widget and tap the red minus button and tap the remove option.
- Finally, tap the Done option at the top.
- Restart your iPhone after making the above changes.
Image source: MacRumors
Update your iPhone
It is recommended to install the latest version of iOS so that any bugs and issues with the previous version of the software are eradicated.
So let’s install the latest version of the software so that any bugs that create problems with the Reminders app will go away. See how to install the latest version of the software:
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone and tap General.
- Now tap Software Update and download and install updates if you find any.
Also read: How to create and manage shared iCloud albums on iOS 15
Uninstall the Reminders app and then reinstall it
If the reminders app hasn’t been fixed yet, it’s best to uninstall the app and install the latest version from the App Store.
- To uninstall the Reminders app from your iPhone, tap and hold the Reminders icon.
- Now tap the delete app icon on the screen and finally choose Delete.
- Now you can restart your iPhone or go directly to the App Store and search for
- Reminders app by typing reminders in the Search box.
- Finally, tap the download button to download and install the app.
Reset iPhone settings
If none of the above hacks seem fruitful, it’s best to reset your iPhone settings to get the Reminds app working again.
- To do this, go to the Settings app > General > Reset.
- Now tap the Reset all settings option and enter your password in the pop-up menu.
- Finally, tap Reset all settings one more time.
Observation: Resetting iPhone settings will not delete any of your data. This will erase your Wi-Fi, VPN and other privacy settings. But you must back up your iPhone to be sure.
Also Read: How to Fix Streaming Services That Cannot Play Content on iOS 15?
This was a quick guide on how to troubleshoot any issues with the Reminders app on your iPhone. I’m sure the combination of two or more tricks will definitely solve the Reminders app’s problems. If these fixes don’t work, it’s best to visit your nearest Apple store for help.