Genshin Impact has become one of the biggest hits in recent months, being one of the most refreshing open world action RPGs we’ve seen in a long time. Yes, many call it “the free Breath of the Wild”, but what cannot be denied is that it has a lot of pull, as well demonstrated by the 17 million users who downloaded the game on mobile phones during the first four days of launch.
However, this cross-platform title is not perfect, and as is often the case when a game is wildly popular too fast, glitches and bugs end up surfacing sooner rather than later.
Genshin Impact code error 31-4302: analysis and resolution of the problem
In the case of Genshin Impact, one of the most common problems is the so-called error code 31-4302 . Here’s how to fix it.
Description of the fault
Error code 31-4302 is associated with a message stating that “ Genshin Impact has encountered a problem loading game data, please log in again. Error code 31-4302. ”( Genshin Impact encountered a problem loading game data, please log in again. Error code: 31-4302 ). From here the system prevents us from returning to the fantasy world of Teyvat to continue playing.
Cause of error
This problem is related to the game files, that is, it is a local failure . Normally this type of very specific errors tend to be related to the game servers, but in this case we must make corrections on our PC to be able to get out of the quagmire.
5 tips to fix error 31-4302 in Genshin Impact
Before starting it is important to clarify that all the tips that we are going to mention are not equally effective for everyone. That is, some may work and others may not, so it is recommended that we try one by one until we find the correct key.
Tip # 1
Notice: Locate the Genshin Impact installation folder. On some computers it may be inside the Program Files or Program Files folder, but this path may change from one PC to another. In the examples in this tutorial we assume that the installation folder is at C: \ Program files \.
- Open Windows File Explorer and navigate to “ C: \ Program files \ Genshin Impact \ Genshin Impact Game”. Copy the entire contents of the folder.
- Navigate to ” C: \ Program files \ Genshin Impact”and paste all the content you just copied into the above folder.
- Now, copy the following files from the folder “ C: \ Program files \ Genshin Impact”:
- Paste the copied files into ” C: \ Program files \ Genshin Impact \ Genshin Impact Game“.
- Finally, delete the folder “ blob_storage” from “C: \ Program files \ Genshin Impact”.
- Restart the game.
Tip # 2
If after doing this we still have problems we can also try the following.
- Navigate to the folder “ C: \ Program files \ Genshin Impact \ Genshin Impact Game”.
- Delete the file “GenshinImpact.exe”, but do not delete it permanently.
- Restore the file by pressing CTRL + Z.
- Restart the game.
Tip # 3
In addition to these 3 tips that we just mentioned, there are also other actions that can help us solve the problem.
- Locate the Genshin Impact installation folder and enter “Genshin Impact Game”.
- Load the game directly from the executable file “GenshinImpact.exe” (ie avoid using the launcher to launch the game).
Tip # 4
Finally, if you use an emulator for the Xbox controller, try this too:
- Locate the Genshin Impact installation folder on your PC.
- Find any x360ce file and delete it.
- Then temporarily delete the file “GenshinImpact.exe” and restore it by pressing the CTRL + Z key combination.
Tip # 5
After doing all these checks, if we still do not get results and the game continues to return error code 31-4302, we will have no choice but to uninstall the game and download it again . It is a drastic move but it will certainly help us to solve the problem.
As a last resort, if we need external help we can also access the official Genshin Impact forum and leave our query, or write an email to miHoYo technical support at genshin_cs [at] mihoyo.com .