Blu-ray technology is essentially high definition video, which is better than DVD. Blu-ray discs can hold up to 25GB per layer in a disc. Burning a Blu-ray Disc is very similar to burning a DVD.
Things You’ll Need
Burn Blu-ray Software
Show More Instructions
To burn Blu-ray movies to a BD recorder, you can follow these steps:
- Connect your BD recorder to your computer and turn it on.
- Insert a blank Blu-ray disc into the BD recorder.
- Download and install a Blu-ray burning software on your computer. There are many options available, such as Nero Burning ROM, ImgBurn, and Ashampoo Burning Studio.
- Open the Blu-ray burning software and select the option to create a new Blu-ray project.
- Import the movie file(s) you want to burn to the project. Make sure the file(s) are in a format that is compatible with Blu-ray discs, such as MPEG-2, H.264, or VC-1.
- Edit the movie if necessary, such as adding a menu or cutting out unwanted scenes.
- Preview the project to ensure that it looks as desired.
- Click the option to burn the project to disc, and select the BD recorder as the destination.
- Start the burning process and wait for it to complete.
- Once the burning process is complete, eject the disc from the BD recorder and label it appropriately.
Note: It’s important to use high-quality blank Blu-ray discs to ensure that the movie is burned correctly and can be played back without errors.